Career advice required !!!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angelnails

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently completed a Creative four day foundation course, in L & P and a conversion course in Fabric#.

I have 14 yrs customer service experience and at present work in a Contact Centre for the Telecommunications Industry. My ambition is to do nails full time.

I am very enthusiastic, but I am finding it difficult to get the experience I require, to follow my dream. Can anyone out there come up with any suggestions as to how I can obtain work experience now that I have the training (but not mobile)
I live in the Walsall, West Midlands area.

Fingers crossed, someone can offer help and advice

Love
Katie

Hi Katie,

When I first started and needed practise I used my ever patient nail trainer - she's a bit boring coz she don't talk back though.

I had to do about 60 sets on the trainer to get my cert and before I let loose on a real person so I did my mom, aunts, friends (even the boyfriend) on the basis that if they let me do one set for training they would commit to paying for maintenance etc <b>if </b>they loved their new nails (and they did!).

I know some people will poo poo this but I started on clients after only having done about 10 sets on real people and I must have been OK coz my clients came back :)

If you feel ready for clients and wanted to just work say a few evenings a week or a Saturday you could try approaching a hair salon (who doesn't double as a beauty salon) and asking if you could rent some desk space - a lot of small salons are run by very friendly and approachable folk who will also advertise your services for you. One girl I know gets free desk space as long as she gets her hair cut there and recommends the hair salon to her other clients.

Hope this helps

Jules

Hi

thanks for the reply, i did try a local salon but after 3 weeks her hubby felt a sun bed would be more profitable, so i'm back to square one

cheers

katie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back