Career change

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amie hart

Reaction score
I am an unqualified beauty therapist however wish to train as a beauty body T ! I presently work as an intensive care nurse and wish to continue this very part time !

Anyway I need big advice, can anyone inform me whether undertaking gateway workshop courses is the way to train and then once doing these courses the fast track way working in a salon to gain experience before starting my own buissiness to which has always been my dream !

Advice please on gateway?
My idea whether it would be the right way about things ? Or whether I am just dreaming !

Sorry for my ignorance what do you mean you are an unqualified beauty therapist? ...I'm not sure you can be a beauty therapist if your unqualified?......and I'm not sure what a beauty body t is? Sorry if you clarify I might be able to advise x

Sorry for my ignorance what do you mean you are an unqualified beauty therapist? ...I'm not sure you can be a beauty therapist if your unqualified?......and I'm not sure what a beauty body t is? Sorry if you clarify I might be able to advise x

You obviously train to be a beauty therapist you go to college . That is what I wanted to do after to school but fell into nursing instead. I now want to complete by beauty therapy courses. Beauty body therapy is body massage easier away to say massage incorporating all!

Do you only ever want to do massage? Do you want to offer facials, manicures, pedicures, waxing - or just massage?

I personally think that if you want to train in an area, do the best training you can. Depending on the qualification you end up with, some salons might not take you on. If you want to open you're own salon in the future, some councils require you to have an nvq.

There are quite a few threads about gateway. Have a look in the search bar x

Gateway courses are short and intensive and they can take you from beginner to a therapist with a qualification in a very short time. To be a good massage therapist, you need to keep learning so if you're going down the short course path, see it as the first of several courses, not the one and only. Jing massage in Brighton also do intensive courses and one for complete beginners lasting 9 days. I've done courses with several different schools and Jing are the best.

Latest posts

Back