Careful Geeks..........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snugglepuss

Reaction score
Just wanted you to know that I nearly had my handbag snatched today and it right put the wind up me I can tell you!

I was trapped in-between two women in an aisle in Boots the chemists - One was doing the "distracting" and the other was "trying" for my handbag!!!

Luckily, they realised I had seen through there ploy and ran off empty handed - leaving me totally bewildered!!!

Please please be careful when out shopping - if you loose your bag, you will probably loose your car/house keys and everything else! in the dark winter nights you certainly don't want to end up in that position!

Sorry to be bah humbug, but because I don't often go out "proper shopping" and do most of it online, I am shall we say, a bit more nervous of people - this time caution paid off - for some people these gangs will succeed and the innocent person will be left empty handed!

There's no bah humbug about it Debbie .... hoards of Xmas and sale-time shoppers are every pick-pocket's dream at this time of year.

I'm always mindful when out shopping to wear a bag which crosses over my body and clutch onto the zip with one hand ... this, I believe, is a much harder target for someone to "dip" their little mitts into.

sorry to hear about this, the cheek of some people

but at least they didn't get anything

i remember when i was pregnant a boy on a bike tried to grab my mobile out of my hand, i was so angry

Yep I'm afraid this happened to me in Ikea once, my bag was hooked on the trolley that my two year old son was sitting in. I can still visualise the womans face as I swung round and bumped into her, she looked so shocked, but heck not knowing she had my bag inside her yellow ikea shoping bag at the time I apologised to her....

How dumb am I!!!

Sorry hun - that's horrible! :hug:
I will be extra carefull I promise

:hug: Hope you're ok hun cos that is horrid :hug:
This is why i never carry cash, i can cancel my card asap if stolen and they are more likely do drop everything if they find nothing, but once cash is gone it's gone for good.
Scumbags eh, no excuse at all.

I had this tried on me a few years ago in a busy town centre, i had a biggish sports bag that had a long strap with clips to attach it to the bag,
i was stood looking in a shop window when one man tried talking to me and another man tried to unclip my strap from the bag, i noticed cos i felt the shift in weight,
don't know where my bravery came from but i turned around and kicked the man in the shin as hard as i could then i ran off thinking the other man would try to defend his friend,
looking back i wish i had kicked him higher :lol:

Yep I'm afraid this happened to me in Ikea once, my bag was hooked on the trolley that my two year old son was sitting in. I can still visualise the womans face as I swung round and bumped into her, she looked so shocked, but heck not knowing she had my bag inside her yellow ikea shoping bag at the time I apologised to her....

How dumb am I!!!
You aren't dumb at all - they prey on the vulnerable - you were more concerned with your little boy - they used him as a distraction, knowing that you would be more interested in him if anything happened - the other thing that always suprises me is that they are so quick with the theft!

LoubyLoo - this is exactly the sort of thing that they were trying to do with me - anyway I will be wearing my crossover bag in future like Noodle says!

Anyhoo - you all take care of yourselves - at least if you are reminded and aware - you are less likely to be taken by suprise.

:hug::hug::hug: and thanks to all xxx

Hope you're ok Deb and that it hasn't shaken you up too much :hug: xxx

omg.when i was shopping on saturday in bluewater with my boyfriend we were in the queue in clinton cards.there was a girl in the queue behind me and another standing beside the queue behind a barrier but infront of me.they were talking to each and my boyfriend was telling me to stand infront of him,i thought he was just winding me up so i didnt do it but when we came out of the shop he said he thought they were trying to get my bag/purse etc... he siad he thought the one that wasnt in the queue was the 'distraction' and that he felt abit suspicious about them.anyway nothing happened but it could have.im really sorry that it happened to you and i hope its not shaken you up to much.hope you can still enjoy christmas.

poor you huni...thank god your quick to realise that something was going on so well done you xx:hug:

Glad you're ok Deb and thanks for the warning x

Thanks for the warning. Just so you know that Ive taken it seriously; I dreamt about having my purse taken out of my bag, it was awful (and long so I wont go into the whole thing here lol):eek:

Years ago my bag was snatched in a busy pub at christmas, they cut the handles with a knife and were gone before I realised. I always wear my bag across my front now when I know I am going to be shopping somewhere very busy.

Trish :hug:

Little old ladies are the worst...i have lost count of the times i have told them that there bag is open and i can see there purse....bless them, i sure some still think we live in nicer times as they used too. x

i had it done in a pub once , i was proper gutted !! i am always really careful, but the bag had a popper closing and i have always made sure i have a zip now :eek:

Aww hunni that is terrible hope your ok sending :hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back