Carlton Inst vs Creative Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hagridshut

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help me pleeeease! I have been thinking about doing a course at Carlton then an IHBC or NVQ but I have been on the Babtac forums and it seems Carlton are a bit rubbish and I thought they were great in comparison to the other ones I've seen on the net. Someone mentioned Creative Nails and I've never heard of them before so I wondered if anyone can tell me where they are or how they operate and if they are any good! Any help greatly appreciated as you can't take too many risks with this sort of money! Thanks, HH

I don't know anything about Carlton but Creative are very reputable and you can be sure to get excellent training, with training ambassadors worldwide. Call their HQ in Leeds on 0113 275 5719 and they will send you some info. Good luck!

Hagridshut said:
Hi can anyone help me pleeeease! I have been thinking about doing a course at Carlton then an IHBC or NVQ but I have been on the Babtac forums and it seems Carlton are a bit rubbish and I thought they were great in comparison to the other ones I've seen on the net. Someone mentioned Creative Nails and I've never heard of them before so I wondered if anyone can tell me where they are or how they operate and if they are any good! Any help greatly appreciated as you can't take too many risks with this sort of money! Thanks, HH

Hi there

I have just completed my NVQ and IHBC with the Carlton Institute. I did their 3 day course in Nail Extensions and continued to do the NVQ with them. I was fortunate in the fact that I had a trainee job within a salon learning nail extensions hands-on which enabled me to complete my NVQ. The three day course with Carlton could be better. It teaches you the basics but it really isnt enough. As a company though, I couldnt fault them. They were extremely helpful and informative and any questions I had they put me straight in touch with an educator. However, if I was you, I would look at the Creative courses and then continue with them to do your NVQ.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Emma

Well anyone who knows me on this site will know that I am biased toward Creative ... with very good reason.
Having trained with both companies that you mention I can say hand on heart that Creative wins time and time again.
With Creative you will learn about a quality system and how to use it. You will always have help at your fingertips by coming here or ringing your educator. You can have a 1-1 with your educator, you can take further classes to improve your abilites and the Creative productline is respected the world over.
I wish I could say such things about the Carlton Inst. but, I cant.
Maybe they have improved since I went there, I really cant say.
As an introduction to nails it maybe worth a shot but, for that kind of money you can get a more thorough foundation under your belt elsewhere.
Ohh! I can say something positive about Carlton ... its in Windsor .. pretty town :)

Thanks all for your help - can anyone please tell me how to get in touch with Creative - I now don't think I'll be going with Carlton but it was near to me that's what I'm worried about - can't travel too far a have a son to look after! Do yu know where they do courses, a tel no or web address? Thanks again - HH

I gave you the Head Office number for Creative in my thread!

Yes you did give me head office number! :o I was getting distracted with the thought of Big Brother. Thx again for number will call on Monday - sorry am such a dope!

Hagridshut said:
Yes you did give me head office number! :o I was getting distracted with the thought of Big Brother. Thx again for number will call on Monday - sorry am such a dope!
Just in case you want to have a look at their website in the mean time, it's www.creativenailacademy.com , their fax is 0113 230 6125 and email is [email protected] I emailed for details of courses and got a package through the post within 2 days.

Thank you everyone who has helped me with my query! I have contacted Creative and they are sending me stuff in the post - cheers!:)

Latest posts

Back