Cars

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danger Mouse

Reaction score
The time has come for me to find a new car, it will be sad to see my old one go but he's starting to cost a bit too much now.

Just wondering if any geeks have a new shape Nissan Micra? and if your mobile technician, is it ok for all your equipment.

All comments are greatly appreciated

:)

i have not got nissan...SORRY !!!! just wanted to say lucky you getting new car....father xmas giving you your prezzie early....you have been good girl!!!!:green:xxx

lol I wish!! Dad gave me a cheque towards the depoist..... £2 :eek: he was trying to be funny, I'm still not laughing. Its not by choice, I love my car but sadly last month it was the water pump and this month is the alternator and I don't want to cross my fingers anymore hoping I will make it home lol so he has to go :o(

At the moment I'm sporting a people carrier mini bus thing, I feel like a truck driver, you should see some of the looks I get :lol:

I haven't got a Micra but I have got a Vauxhall Meriva and it's fantastic for mobile work. Low load area at the back makes it easy to get couch in and out, bags of room and nice to drive too! The Babtac magazine 'Vitality' road tests a car every issue (a mobile therapist gets to try it out) might be worth having a look at that too before you decide x

I The Babtac magazine 'Vitality' road tests a car every issue (a mobile therapist gets to try it out) might be worth having a look at that too before you decide x

Thanks I'll check it out, I have a week to find the right car, I thought I found it last Friday, Citroen C3 lovely to sit in, gear stick maneuvered smoothly and it was a dream to drive but.... the reviews :eek: theres like 20 bad to 5 good and as much as I liked and wanted it, I have to take those into account.

i dont have a micra im afraid but i do have a 3dr 02 plate fiesta a little sporty thing, and its fab all my mobile stuff fits in the boot my table chair and usually 2 cases of some sort my little one in the back and he cant open the door cos there aint one!!! so im sure a micra would be fine too!

anyone out there that drives one?

My best mate has a Micra (the older model), but still manages to pack loads into it.

My mobile business was called Fingers & Thumbs and I had a smart Passion!!!

It was so cool. Very quirky and everyone always commented on it. The boot was just big enough to get all my kit in. The best thing about it was that the boot is at waist height so you don't hurt your back lugging heavy kit out of the bottom of a boot like on a normal car, the glass on the boot lifts up so if it is raining you don't get wet whilst taking your kit out and a panell drops down (you can sit on this bit as well say if you went for a picnic!!) so you can slide your kit out.

It is also good for tax purposes because it is eco friendly and I used to put £20 worth of petrol in a week..if that. They are great for nipping about in but not so brill on the motorway!! great for parking too...you can almost dump it anywhere and nobody complains. Also people let you out in traffic because you are so small they don't class you as a car!!

Insurance is low too...even for us young 'uns. They are great to have sign written as the panells pop on and off so when you have done with it you can put a different set of pannells on.

If I were mobile again I would buy one straight away....I miss mine so much but hubby made me sell it and buy something faster, sporty..more manly so that he could drive it too....I cried!! defo one to consider

My mobile business was called Fingers & Thumbs and I had a smart Passion!!!

It was so cool. Very quirky and everyone always commented on it. The boot was just big enough to get all my kit in. The best thing about it was that the boot is at waist height so you don't hurt your back lugging heavy kit out of the bottom of a boot like on a normal car, the glass on the boot lifts up so if it is raining you don't get wet whilst taking your kit out and a panell drops down (you can sit on this bit as well say if you went for a picnic!!) so you can slide your kit out.

It is also good for tax purposes because it is eco friendly and I used to put £20 worth of petrol in a week..if that. They are great for nipping about in but not so brill on the motorway!! great for parking too...you can almost dump it anywhere and nobody complains. Also people let you out in traffic because you are so small they don't class you as a car!!

Insurance is low too...even for us young 'uns. They are great to have sign written as the panells pop on and off so when you have done with it you can put a different set of pannells on.

If I were mobile again I would buy one straight away....I miss mine so much but hubby made me sell it and buy something faster, sporty..more manly so that he could drive it too....I cried!! defo one to consider

Yep I know what you mean my manger has one and said I should get one but the only problem I had was theres no back seat, I need my back seat lol

They look lovely sign written though and the tax its £35 for the year !!! :eek: but ... I want my micra going to view it tomorrow so fingers, legs, eyes, everything crossed :)

I have a micra...but it's a very old one...12years old! not sure on the size of the boot of the new ones but mine has a fair amount of space for a small car. I can get loads in it, even more if i fold down the back seat! I usually do nails, or makeup, rarely both at the same appointment, but when i do i can fit one case in the boot and the other laid across the back seat (they are both 3 tier trolly type cases). And if i had a nail desk (on the xmas list) that could fit too.

Just to give you an idea of the size, I helped my friend move out of his student flat last year and i managed to fit 3 sports type bags (all about 1m x 40cm x 40cm), 10 carrier bags, and 2 boxes about the size of what stereo's come in, and a dustbin bag. And still managed to do 70mph on the motorway despite it being a 1litre!

However i am looking to upgrade mine next year, the bf wants me to get a honda civic because there much more relaible...whereas i'd much prefer something a little more sporty-ier like a honda crx :D

However i am looking to upgrade mine next year, the bf wants me to get a honda civic because there much more relaible...whereas i'd much prefer something a little more sporty-ier like a honda crx :D

My best friend brought the civic and it is a fab car I can't fault Honda's or Mitsubishi's in anyway but I must say its not a car I'd drive its too big I like to stick to the smaller ones :)

Latest posts

Back