Cash Box/Till

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LondonRee

Reaction score
How do you store your money? Do any of you just use a cash box? Or a small/large till? How safe do you feel it it? What precautions do you take?

How do you store your money? Do any of you just use a cash box? Or a small/large till? How safe do you feel it it? What precautions do you take?

I have one of those cash boxes, tbh I never lock it and I should. I also take it home with me everyday. Never leave it at the salon or in my car. It stays with me.

But I never leave all my money in it, a few £5 and maybe a £10 and change, but notes always go in a hiding place lol. So if in a day I made £100 I would only leave some for the next day and hide it till I go bank.

I usually go bank after a busy day, anytime I get over £100 or on Monday's. I think my money's safe as I never leave loads out, however I'm so bad for spending, I have to hide it from myself if anything. That's why I'm alway in the bank so I have no reason to spend it if it's there. Xxx

I guess I'm just a little nervous of the cash boxes as even if locked, its pretty easy just to steal the whole box!

I guess I'm just a little nervous of the cash boxes as even if locked, its pretty easy just to steal the whole box!

Yes, and they are not hard to unlock, I bet my key would fit in any cash box, they are all the same!

Just don't keep all your money in it, and never leave it unattended.

When I'm making more money, it will be better as I'll have a card machine and maybe a real till lol.

My area isn't safe at all. My house nearly got robbed 3 weeks ago but we woke up and they legged it. So I always keep money near me and never have lots of it. I always go bank, or send someone bank for me if I'm busy. Even if it means going everyday!
X

I'd quite like a cash box that has note sections.......#offtogoogle

The first 2 look easy as they are small so someone can take it. They look easy to brake into.

The last one looks good ... Are you mobile or salon x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Salon, so could happily take a larger one. Will have to make sure I get a desk with a wide drawer!

Yes also a good lock for if its unattened. X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

I rent a room in a hairdressers. I have a till, one for security, and two it helps with book keeping. You can get some good used or ex rental one on eBay.

The other reason with regard to security is in the past he's had a few light fingered staff.

I will post the model later if that helps.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

i am in a hairdressers. i have a little zippy bag with a float and take home at the end of the day and my put earnings away at home, so i have just the float still.
this is with me all the time.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using SalonGeek

I have a little til a sharp ex-a102 it's ok doesn't offer much in the way of security as its light but it's never in attended without the salon door being locked.

I have a money bag.

I'm about to search on eBay for a small cash box though. I need to keep a few mixed coins in there too as I'm always getting clients asking for change & I end up fleecing my husbands wallet who just moans lol x

Latest posts

Back