Cash Only .....??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Looooooove my card machine,clients spend soooooooo much more,and i hardly pay any rates on my card machine as its not coneected to a high street bank and is independant,but still goes in to my bank account straight away.

I am not bothered if someone pays me a cheque though.I trust them,i havent had one bounced cheque yet.Call me too trusting maybe,but call me old fashioned,i have a cheque book and write cheques my self,so if someone writes a cheque i dont mind.

hi, can i ask which card machine you are using ? i worked out that silverpay would cost me between £40-£50 per month just based on £500

thanks

kx

I Looooooove my card machine,clients spend soooooooo much more,and i hardly pay any rates on my card machine as its not coneected to a high street bank and is independant,but still goes in to my bank account straight away.

I am not bothered if someone pays me a cheque though.I trust them,i havent had one bounced cheque yet.Call me too trusting maybe,but call me old fashioned,i have a cheque book and write cheques my self,so if someone writes a cheque i dont mind.

hi, can i ask which card machine you are using ? i worked out that silverpay would cost me between £40-£50 per month just based on £500

thanks

kx
Wow,thats some cost:eek:

With Retail Merchant Services,i pay a flat rate of £21 a month,WHATEVER card or payment is made regardless.

When i was with HSBC,the rate was slightly cheaper,however the cost for each payment made by cards was VERY high.

Also RMS offer FREE legal advise 24 hours whatever legal aid you need,not has to be card related....LOL

Retail Merchant Services - Debit Credit Card Processing
0845 241 9960
hth:hug:

wow thanks for that will get in touch with them !

thank you

kx

With Retail Merchant Services,i pay a flat rate of £21 a month,WHATEVER card or payment is made regardless.

When i was with HSBC,the rate was slightly cheaper,however the cost for each payment made by cards was VERY high.

Also RMS offer FREE legal advise 24 hours whatever legal aid you need,not has to be card related....LOL

0845 241 9960

We accept cash and cheques,we dont have a cash machine,so it would be a bit much expecting people to only have the option to pay by cash.The elderly dont like carrying cash around with them either.I wish we did have card machine but due to bank charges and wanting to keep treatment prices down my boss has declined a machine.

My worry is this,a lot of people get paid at the end of the month,and I know some like to pay by cheque to give them a couple of days lee way,so I think it could mean losing a few clients who maybe rely on using cheques for this exact reason.

With Barclays if you have Platinum banking as soon as you put the cheque in you can drawer on it,even before it's cleared.I'm sure there are other banks that allow this as well.

I can honestly say that I have worked in my salon for over 4 years now and NEVER have we had a cheque bounce,if a cheque guarantee card is always used along side I dont think it can bounce anyway,I'm sure the bank HAS to honour it.We would NEVER accept a cheque without guarantee from anyone other than long standing clients anyway.

I think at the end of the day as long as you have more than the pay by cash option it shouldn't be a problem for most.HTH:hug:

I happily take cheques and cash.

I have had a few people turn up with just a card as so used to paying with the card, but have made an arrangement with the receptionists to inform all new clients that payment is by CASH prefably or CHEQUE.

the other venue is right next to a post office, so have had someone pop next door to get money out.

I've had a few people (usually new clients again) that only turn up with a card, they then say that they'll pop to the cashpoint and drop it in. I'm then on tenderhooks waiting for them to come back. Its only a matter of time that a con person takes advantage.

I'm happy to except cheques, but perhaps thats because I haven't had any bad experiences. I bank cheques for my husband about twice a week so I'm often down the bank anyway.

I'm happy to except cheques, but perhaps thats because I haven't had any bad experiences. I bank cheques for my husband about twice a week so I'm often down the bank anyway.

Can you imagine next week, now its leading up to XMAS TIME, you got 4 or 5 bounced cheques in one week!! im sure you would start to change your mind.

Not only the fact that you feel mortified having to call the client and tell them that their cheque has bounced, when really it should be the client that should be calling you to apologise. Over sights do happen im sure. i would not except a cheque from a new client. But hey thats my point of view, im sure you all have your own thoughts on this.

Hmm, I think it's good to trust people... rather than expect people to bounce cheques on you left right and centre...

Can you imagine next week, now its leading up to XMAS TIME, you got 4 or 5 bounced cheques in one week!! im sure you would start to change your mind.

Not only the fact that you feel mortified having to call the client and tell them that their cheque has bounced, when really it should be the client that should be calling you to apologise. Over sights do happen im sure. i would not except a cheque from a new client. But hey thats my point of view, im sure you all have your own thoughts on this.

Mmmmm ,that's why we have cheque guarantee cards,and as I said in my earlier post we have NEVER had one bounced cheque,btw we work in busy salon as well,why 4 or 5 in one week,what sort of clients are these that are all writing dudd cheques??and how can they bounce if they are using guarantee cards???is this possible???
I thought that was the whole idea of having them in the first place:confused:

0845 241 9960

that seems surprisingly affordable.

I take cheques and cash.
I always explain that to pay by cheque my bankers have said I must take a valid bank card details to protect myself (a lie) It has never been queried.
The day it is I will convert to cash only.

I do think cheques are going out of fashion and I certainly wouldn't write one in an establishment that takes cards, but working from home, clients don't expect me to take cards and using their cheque book gives them flexibility about adding extra's such as retail products. However, I am going to look into getting a card machine, because I think it *might* increase my retail sales, and not because I mind taking cheques as I don't

Hmm, I think it's good to trust people... rather than expect people to bounce cheques on you left right and centre...[/

good for you, lets hope you never have to be in that position then.

i ain't to bothered about the rubber chq's (yeah it has happened but was sorted)...i just wanna be paid for what i have done when i have done it...not a week later. I cant think of many places that let you leave with items that you haven't actually paid for...!!...i have to pay for my stock right away...insurance in advance. Imagine me saying.."yeah sure i can do your nails but need you to pay first and i will do em next week"

i ain't to bothered about the rubber chq's (yeah it has happened but was sorted)...i just wanna be paid for what i have done when i have done it...not a week later. I cant think of many places that let you leave with items that you haven't actually paid for...!!
Too bloody right hen!!!! im glad you got it sorted, you would have been miffed if it.

i ain't to bothered about the rubber chq's (yeah it has happened but was sorted)...i just wanna be paid for what i have done when i have done it...not a week later. I cant think of many places that let you leave with items that you haven't actually paid for...!!...i have to pay for my stock right away...insurance in advance. Imagine me saying.."yeah sure i can do your nails but need you to pay first and i will do em next week"
that was meant to say, you would have been miffed if it never got sorted!!!. stick to your guns, there is no much places now adays that let you leave without payment, so why the hell should you !!!!!

I take cash and cheques, and have had no bother so far... But what really drives me mad, is the clients who dont say anything until AFTER the treatment, and the say "oh you do take cards dont you" taking it for granted that i do, even tho i have clearly on my price list that i only take Cash & Cheques. This actually back fiered on one client, as one of the the Gym managers let me use their machine and gave me the cash, but that was only for that occasion. but all that has been stopped now that the BIG BOSS is back perminantly! :irked:
So i make sure when clients come in that they are aware that i only take C&Cs and if they dont have either then there is a mini bank down the road they can use....and touch wood they have came back for their treatment with the money asap.
But it is getting to be a pain, especialy when they have a solid excuse for not buying any retail products coz "they havn't brought enough money with them". :mad:
CAZ X

Maybe....but i prefer to be flexible for my clients.

My hairdresser accepts only cash.
I never carry much cash, but when I have a hair appt. I know I need to hit the atm first.
As long as people know in advance, it seems very reasonable to me.

Here I can deposit a cheque and turn round and draw the same amount out right at the bank machine, so it's not such an issue.

Latest posts

Back