Cash Only .....??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do think cheques are going out of fashion and I certainly wouldn't write one in an establishment that takes cards, but working from home, clients don't expect me to take cards and using their cheque book gives them flexibility about adding extra's such as retail products.

That's a good point Zo Zo. People may be less inclined to make further retail purchases if it's cash only - no room for impluse purchases.....

Well i have to say that the reason we accept card payments is to increase the amount of money the client will spend with you! ie if you only accept CASH and do not accept cards or cheques then in our own experience we found that the client would only turn up ith enogh money to pay for that treatment, what i mean to say is if your doing a treatment that costs £30:00 then they are likely to go to a cash point and draw just £30:00.... this in turn will cut off any chance you have of being able to retail any products afterwards. At least with a card processing option OR a CHEQUE they are more likely to spend more money with you than if you only accept cash. inmo if you do not want to accept cheques then you really do need to accept card payments as a lot of people dont like carrying cash and will only draw out what they need... no room for retailing???? thats my thoughts anyway and although we pay £21:00 per month with R.M.S it pays for itself with the extra sales we get.....

hth:)

I accept cheques and atm am happy to do so . . . . if you write their cheque guarantee card number on the back of the cheque it cannot bounce anyway. . .

TBH a very small proportion of my clients pay by cheque, sometimes I can't be bothered to go to the bank for a fortnight until I've got several to pay in together. If most people started to pay by cheque and I had a week where I couldn't really get at what I'd been earning, I might start to think differently, like you Angie

I think card machines are expensive unless you are a salon. JMHO

By all means go "cash only" - the important thing is to let everyone know and to give plenty of notice.

Latest posts

Back