Cash or card payments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't be without my card machine! For example I had a client in for a wax on Wednesday and she went on to buy £130 of products, she never would have if I couldn't take card payments. It's the same with buying gift vouchers and courses or having add on treatments.
I used to have an Hsbc machine which went in the next day (I bank with Hsbc) I now use cardsave as the fees are lower but it takes 4/5 days but it doesn't really matter as there is money going in every day.
Around 75% of my transactions are card but the additional sales and the benefits to the customer outweigh the fees.
Also, I was told that one of the reasons (on a large tick list) that business are investigated by the hmrc is not taking card payments.

Be wary of a machine that uses wifi, they can be more hassle than they are worth.

But wifi machines are superfast. Just fingers crossed the broadband doesn't go down

Check iZettle, I'm looking around as well but I like the look of it!

Definitely get a card machine, and preferably one that lets them leave you a tip [emoji6]
I still have my payleven machine which I'm quite happy with, I take quite a lot each month so I'm on their lowest rate at the moment, plus it has a gratuity option which almost always I get a good tip, also I can take over the phone payments with it which is good for deposits, Soon I will be looking for a more salon friendly one but for now this ones been great. I actually prefer card payments than cash... Cash always slips out my hand to quick lol

Isn't it a bit cheeky to ask for a tip?

Clients ask if they can tip by card

Your supposed to pay tax on tips anyway so just put it through with the payment I do

Isn't it a bit cheeky to ask for a tip?

It's not asking directly, most large restaurants have a gratuity option, they can press yes or no, it goes through with the payment and u pay your tax on your tips processed, I don't think ppl bat an eyelid on the gratuity option to be honest.. I know I don't when I pay for things...

My husband actually tipped someone £40 by mistake in a restaurant once as he thought it was the pin he was entering [emoji24]

Latest posts

Back