Cat Thief

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetcorn1

Reaction score
I have a cat who is nearly 2 and a very very sociable cat. Anyway just over a year ago she kept going missing for 24/48 hours and when I followed her she was going to a house up the road. So I put a tag on her basically saying could they not let her into their house as she has a loving happy home. I got a phone call back from a guy saying she goes to his house cos she is friends with his cat. Fine I don't mind that. But he never kicks her out, has started feeding her and even lets her sleep on his bed.

Now she is older she knows where her home is but still "visits" him. The thing that really upsets me is he rings me to tell me when my cat is ill or has fleas or is behaving strangly. He even told me to get her to the vets immediately as she was shaking her head and he was sure it was a brain dissorder (she had dirty/waxy ears that was all!).

The thing that has upset me is that this morning she came back and he has trimmed her nails and cleaned her nose (She is a bit of a mucky cat!!!)

Now I clean her nose everyday or everyother day and there was absolutely nothing wrong with her nails as she uses a scratching post and our doormat regularly.

I'm so upset cos she is my cat and I can do nothing to stop her going to his house or stop him letting her in.

Has anyone experienced similar to this and if so what did you do? Its driving me crazy.

:eek::eek:

I have cats and have never experienced anything like it but wouldn't be too impressed if it did.

Next time he tells you to take her to the vet ask if he's also offering to pay!:lol::lol:

As for trimming her nails why does he do that? Cats claws shouldn't need to be trimmed evr. What if he injured her in the process? I think you'll have to be tough and just tell him "No"!

Good luck!:hug:

Knock and speak to him, although you cant stop him letting her in you can stop him cutting her claws as she is your pet not his.

Point out to him that you have not asked him to do this and would prefer him not to do it again in future along with grooming, but in a polite way.

My old cat used to go in the neighbours house and it bothered me at first, but then I came to the conclusion that he was happy they were happy and he still came home to me at bedtime so I was happy.
However they would never feed/groom or do anything else to him.

Hope you get it sorted hun.

Poor you!!!

My tidgy kitten is a bit of a tart and she tends to go over to next door's and spend all day running around their garden and playing with them (they are an old retired couple). I think it's a bit cute that Osca feels she has to "look after" them. However, one day she didn't come home! She's only ickle and I was all worried about her. I was outside shouting on her for hours but I couldn't find her! My other half told me not to worry about her but she's my little baby and I couldn't let it go.

Eventually I found her mewping away in next door's greenhouse!!! I knocked on their door and they ASSURED me that I must be wrong. My little tidgy kitten *couldn't possibly* be in their greenhouse. However I pestered them about it and they eventually went out to check. Osca came running out of there like a kitten possessed!!! :green:

Thankfully tho, the neighbours don't feed her or anything. Osca just looks after them when they're out doing their gardening. Bless her little cotton socks, eh? :hug:

Oooh actually just remembered that when I was renting a house in Dewsbury the woman next to me kept feeding Inca (the black mexican moggie in my avatar) and trying to lure him into her house. I stupidly told her once (just before we moved house) that we were going to be getting a new kitten and she got all excited and asked when we'd be bringing it home!!! :eek: Weird scary woman!!!! I'm sure she would have taken Inca away if we hadn't kept such a close eye on him.

I'd completely forgotten about that. I must have tried to delete it from my memory...

i'm afraid that's the trouble with cats. independent little s*ds who choose where they go. we had one come to live with us. we even chucked cups of water at it but it had "chosen" us so in the end we had to put up with him. he was quite cute tho.

i wouldn't get too wound up if i were you. at the end of the day, like you said, he knows where his home his, but he's just visiting his cat-mate. at least this guy is taking care of him/her and not being cruel, so i wouldn't worry too much. think of it a bit like letting your daughter go round to her mates and her mom cooks her tea. doesn't mean she doesn't think any less of you. why not try making friends with the guy... could lead to a beautiful relationship.... !!!

as for him telling you when something was wrong (or when he thought it was) how would you have felt if he hadn't told you and your cat died... and then he said, "o i thought something was wrong". you would probably be quite upset. at least he's showing his concern.

we seem to share our 3 cats with our next door neighbour as she feeds them all the time with meat as they have biscuits with us so they come in for food with us then they go next door and wait for meat, cats are cats and they will go where ever they want

just think about it this way at least he loves your cat so much, so many people would not like a cat going to their house everyday,
just tell him not to cut her nails in future or you will keep her in he should respect that.

Thanks guys. I know what all of you are saying is right about him looking after her and I am glad hes not being cruel. Its just he is a really creepy patronising weird guy. My husband hates him and I won't go round on my own.

He's creepy and when I do try to nicely ask him to stop doing things ie feeding her or letting her sleep on his bed, he always has a smug patronising reply.

I guess I am gonna just have to accept it but I'm not very good at doing that when I don't like it!!!

Cheers XxX

Latest posts

Back