Cats eyes gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emk32

Reaction score
Anyone recommend a good cat eye uv gel polish please. I currently use shellac but recently been asked about cat eye?

Naio have got a cat eye gel polish in various colours in their urban graffiti range, not tried it as yet x

The Gel Bottle have a good selection

Does it not occur to anyone why companies like CND, OPI, NSI, Light Elegance - all who employ chemists to develop their own products - don't sell cats eye, colour changing and spider effect gels or gel polishes?

That's because each of these contain illegal cosmetic ingredients.

And don't always believe what the SDS/MSDS tells you....

BTW - all of these effects gels and gel polishes were first developed in China.

Apres has a gel cat eye called hypnogel, I've not tried it myself but it looks gorgeous x

BTW - all of these effects gels and gel polishes were first developed in China.

Not everything developed in China is bad. Just saying ;)
Not everything in Europe is either.

The gel bottle

I only use Semilac Cats Eye gel polish, but I did not realise it contains illegal ingredients. Must look in to this.......
The Semilac range I find great to work with, love the consistency of the gel and the customer has always been very pleased

I only use Semilac Cats Eye gel polish, but I did not realise it contains illegal ingredients. Must look in to this.......
The Semilac range I find great to work with, love the consistency of the gel and the customer has always been very pleased

Don't believe everything you read. It could be ok and just something someone doesn't make so has to bash all others. Wouldn't be the first or last time ;)

Any fool can buy product from China and apply their own label.

If respected companies like CND, OPI, NSI, Bio Sculpture etc who develop their own products choose not to sell this type of product - usually there is a good reason.

$$$$$$ normally the reason. Bash others and get your own brand name in as being unicorn nail gel.

Of the MSDS that I have seen for gels and gel polishes containing the cat-eye effect, the ingredient that appears to be used to create this effect is Iron Powder which is suspended in the gel. The magnet attracts this powder to create this effect (like the experiment we all did in school where we used a magnet under a paper that had loose iron filings.

EC Directive 1223/2009, APPENDIX IV "LIST OF COLORANTS ALLOWED IN COSMETIC PRODUCTS" lists all the colourants that are allowed in cosmetics. Iron Powder is not included in this list and therefore not permitted.

But to double check, I contacted CVUA which is the authority in Germany responsible for cosmetic safety:

“To your question about iron powder. If it is used as a colourant, it is not authorised, because iron powder is not listed in the Annex.”

If canni-uk has any fact-based information to support his argument that cat-eye gels or GP are legal, I'd be grateful to receive it.

I'm just pointing out that you like to bash others to self promote your own and have done it before. Unfortunately i don't fall for it.

I'm just pointing out that you like to bash others to self promote your own and have done it before. Unfortunately i don't fall for it.

Bob mentioned CND, OPI, NSI and Light Elegance, not his company, so I don't think that's fair to accuse him of self-promoting his own on this post.

I am grateful and have learned a lot from people like Bob who is just trying to educate us about things a lot of us wouldn't have known about.

I'm glad like most others also to learn from someone well educated in the manufacturing process. He does however put other brands down and i believe it's for his own self interest as well as the good of teaching others including me of some real facts.
We are allowed to have an opinion.

Does it not occur to anyone why companies like CND, OPI, NSI, Light Elegance - all who employ chemists to develop their own products - don't sell cats eye, colour changing and spider effect gels or gel polishes?

That's because each of these contain illegal cosmetic ingredients.

And don't always believe what the SDS/MSDS tells you....
Is it also true for BioSculpture? They have cats eye effect gel polish and it's development by their chemist.

Is it also true for BioSculpture? They have cats eye effect gel polish and it's development by their chemist.
All products are developed by chemists )). The chemist does what the employer asks them to do.

Latest posts

Back