Cats!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss_estrelita

Reaction score
We want cat! But the question is boy or girl?we don't need any special breed, just simple cat :D

If you're not after a pedigree, try your local cats protection league, they have loads that need nice homes.

Boys tend to be more affectionate once they've been chopped.

What a great cat thread ;-) But should it not be in chit chat.... x

Female cats are more vocal ;)

just me ;)

The moggies have been moved to chit chat!

We want cat! But the question is boy or girl?we don't need any special breed, just simple cat :D

Just a simple cat? I have you know that NO cats are simple...they're going to take over the world! Catapocalypse a cometh!!!!

But in all seriousness, if you're not after a pedigree, please consider rehoming a cat.

I see that you're in London...if you're anywhere near Woodgreen, they have a cat foster home there with lots of beautiful cats wanting to be rehomed.

Good luck on finding your kitty.

Just a simple cat? I have you know that NO cats are simple...they're going to take over the world! Catapocalypse a cometh!!!!

But in all seriousness, if you're not after a pedigree, please consider rehoming a cat.

I see that you're in London...if you're anywhere near Woodgreen, they have a cat foster home there with lots of beautiful cats wanting to be rehomed.

I was looking for that option already, want to do some good thing :D but most of them are problematic cats and they need special environment,for example no small kids coz they had too much stress

My cat is t pedigree or anything but he is great ! ( I would say that )
We have a cat flap but he will use his paws to knock repeatedly until we open the front door , he won't go through it !
But never mind you can guarantee we always get up to open the door !
Cats really are brilliant. Xxxx

You got that right!! lol
Our cat found us actually :) 2 yrs ago 3 days before Halloween, I went outside to take out the trash and I heard a tiny desperate "meow", Couldn't see anything so I figured I was hearing things. I turned around to go back inside when the Meow intensified, and I looked behind the trash bin, to find this little kitten with his cord still intact and eyes wide shut :( No one in the alley but us. I picked him up in a towel as it was cold outside, didn't think he would live, but he took to the bottle like a champ, slept by my head for the next few months and has turned into the best hunter and the most snuggy cat I have ever had.

I was looking for that option already, want to do some good thing :D but most of them are problematic cats and they need special environment,for example no small kids coz they had too much stress

This is very true in some cases, but if you have a good look there are often kittens on those sites or cats that have been given up due to the fact that their owners have moved into a new property that don't allow cats etc.

I was looking at a cat site the other day (I'm FOREVER looking at cat adoption sites). And there were lots of well tempered cats available.

Also there are lots of black cats available for adoption as they're not what people seem to want these days (so sad, as I love black cats...ok all cats!).

Definatley keep your options open with regards to re homing.

I got my two boys from RSPCA and I love them so much. They are so affectionate and loving.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love my cat, Bonnie. She's so lovely and full of character. Her previous owners are wildlife photographers and was moving out to travel to Africa we was moving into their previous flat and they was going to give her away to cats protection. So we took her on instead. She was around 3 at the time. We love her so much. She's funny but cat be temperamental one minute she's all love and wants cuddles the next minute she clawing into you. She's calmed down a little now I don't know whether that's with age. She's really well in the house no nasty mess, we got her out of using the litter box which was easy and now she has a cat flap. She is always determined to bring in rabbits twice the size of her, and if she can get it through the flab you always get a load meow around 3AM. Lol! And we live next to a river she's always getting her self stuck on the river banking. Oh my love for Bonnie goes on! <3 xxx

Female cats are more vocal ;)

just me ;)

I have a super vocal tortoiseshell and I love that she's noisy! I sit and have conversations with her. :D

I'm scared to take older cats, maybe they already have some habits what would be hard to change or they don't like us :D
And definitely want only indoor cat

I love cats :D

Last edited:
I know this is a cats and no kids thread but just wanted to say we got our two cats (Mum & son) from a rescue centre. They were in the hospital section as they had been malnourished, she had serious flea allergy and both looked a bit mangy. They still looked sweet cuddled up close together, aww.

Obviously, we couldn't forget about them so went back a week later and brought them home.

The ginger (boy, we call Shimmy) took to living with us instantly. Slept on the bed from day 2 and is very soppy and purry unless he's bringing us a present - Yuck!

Mum (only a year older and called Tumpshie) was very reluctant and spent the next 6 years finding quiet places to hide in the house, occasionally bringing presents but not wanting any fuss at all. She also decided to disown Shimmy and regularly hisses at him or just claws him for fun. Not an easy moggy to live with!

However, weirdly, this changed almost overnight when my little boy was about 3 years old.

Tumpshie has changed into a soppy cuddly cat and absolutely loves my little boy and sleeps in his room all the time on his little chair at the side of his bed. She sleeps on his pillow in the day time. She doesn't seem to mind him yelling and bouncing around (as a four year old generally does) and just wanders off for a bit if he's too much. She never hisses at him ? but still hisses occasionally at the adults who feed her, and is still a bit reserved with us but she clearly adores my little boy.

Any cat psychologists out there who can shed light on this odd behaviour?

Here's my beautiful cat Tiggs, she is a bit of a mental cat on times but sooo loving too.

This is Crazy Maisie :) shes extremely fluffy and completely nuts!
sorry its dark pic

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379454997.985643.jpg

Laura xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379454964.683410.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379454964.683410.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 81

Latest posts

Back