Celeb Elite Bonds-issues or is it me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyndseyD

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with Celeb Elite pre-bonded nail tips? I had a text from a client to say that she's lost around 15 bonds in the last 5 weeks! She is due for maintenence this week but I've never had anyone lose this many bonds before. The most is usually 5-8. She has been using the products I gave her (from Lush-Us) and has followed all the correct aftercare including the correct steps before having the hair fitted (she saved for months so I know she's taking good care of her extensions)
can anyone help or maybe shed any light on what might be wrong please? Is it something I've done wrong? :Scared:

Hi I would wait until you see her as there could be various reasons...she may think she is doing everything correctly and following your advice but sometimes it just something silly like catching them with the straighteners or being just a little too heavy handed especially if she is new to extensions.. its hard to tell unless you actually see the lost bonds..x

Hi I would wait until you see her as there could be various reasons...she may think she is doing everything correctly and following your advice but sometimes it just something silly like catching them with the straighteners or being just a little too heavy handed especially if she is new to extensions.. its hard to tell unless you actually see the lost bonds..x
Ok, so client came back tonight for maintenence and it was the weirdest thing - all the bonds she had lost were pretty much in a line right up the back of her head! The bottom row was missing about 6 bonds and it got narrower the further up the head I got! It was like a thick vertical stripe down the back of her head with no bonds left! I asked her loads of questions to try and get to the bottom of it and the only thing I can think of is that when she pleats her hair at night as per aftercare advice, she is putting a bobble in first then pleating. Do you think this could be the cause of the bonds loosening in this pattern? Has anyone else had this issue? It was so strange!

Lol this is going to sound really naughty and cant believe I am saying this but it is 2 am and I'm tired but do you think it could have to do with sex? I have had clients that have admitted to this haha and the friction of the head on the bed can cause bonds to loosen in this pattern or cause knots.

Lol this is going to sound really naughty and cant believe I am saying this but it is 2 am and I'm tired but do you think it could have to do with sex? I have had clients that have admitted to this haha and the friction of the head on the bed can cause bonds to loosen in this pattern or cause knots.

Lol...I had this with a client who had a new boyfriend she suddenly had a bit of matting at the back of her head and thats what we put it down to..xx

Ladies - tell the girls to go on top it's much better for them and their extensions!!! lol x

Sorry I had to chuck at the post lol! True though!

haha thanks ladys you made me smile with this thread! :lol:

Lol..just re applied ladies extensions and reminded her..xx

Lindsey.. on a serious note...Was there any of the clients hair in the lost extensions...had they slid out or been pulled out? if they had been pulled she may be struggling with styling this section...xx

Or he may be pulling to hard...sorry couldnt resist :lol:

Haha! It is kind of funny but also true. You need to be careful doing the jiggy with extensions! It can really mess it up. Hahahhahaa (and don't let anyone tug on them too much).

LOL! You lot have made me laugh a lot!! Do you know, getting jiggy with it had never even crossed my mind as a hazard....maybe I should out it on my aftercare sheet hahaha:lol: I know this girl is single so I'm pretty sure it wasn't that that caused them to loosen but i know I will always be asking THAT question in my head from now on lol.

There wasn't any hair in the bonds but they did seem a bit 'squished' and there was still some of the bond in her hair at each point where one was lost. It was as if the bonds had sort of been snapped in the middle? That's what made me think it was the hair bobble crushing them perhaps?

I'm still chuckling about the sexy time comments....Oh No! Just had a thought....doing my mother-in-laws next week....please don't let her come back with the same problem!!!!:eek: lolol. Thanks guys, you've cheered me right up! xx

Latest posts

Back