Celeb Weave vs La Weave?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliteweaves

Reaction score
Hope everybody is enjoying the sun!!

Sorry if this has been asked before.
I trained with Oakley that calls one of their weave methods the ‘celeb weave’. They teach you to use the method where you put the microbeads into the clients hair, twist the loop tool round which turns the microbead around and then connect each section with another microbead in the middle which sits a little bit lower down. (God I hope that makes sense ) The hair is then sewn onto these sections.

Another method I’ve seen, which is much less time consuming is where you put the microbeads around the head and then sew on. I’ve seen people call this an LA weave.

Lastly, there is the sewless version where I’ve seen people connect the clients natural hair to the weft and secure with a microbead. I haven’t tried this method.

My question is, is there any benefit to the first method over the other 2? The first one is so much more fiddly and time consuming. I would prefer to use the second or third method, but obviously only if it doesn’t pose any extra risk to the natural hair.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey! I trained with Oakley too & prefer the second method (LA Weave) not only does it save me so much time but I actually find it holds better too as there’s more hair per section if that makes sense. If someone has quite fine hair I might use the celeb weave but very rarely xx

Hey! I trained with Oakley too & prefer the second method (LA Weave) not only does it save me so much time but I actually find it holds better too as there’s more hair per section if that makes sense. If someone has quite fine hair I might use the celeb weave but very rarely xx
Oh fab thanks for that ☺️ I have a girl tomorrow who’s having 200g 18” put in - how many rows would you do? Xx

Depending on how big her head is really haha but I tend to do a double at the bottom, triple for the middle row and single on top I find it lays flatter. Also try and apply them in a U shape and you can fit more in if that makes sense xx

Depending on how big her head is really haha but I tend to do a double at the bottom, triple for the middle row and single on top I find it lays flatter. Also try and apply them in a U shape and you can fit more in if that makes sense xx
You’re a star thank you! As much as I enjoyed my course, I do feel like there are still things I don’t know xx

Me too I defo don’t feel like a day was enough. I’ve learnt so much from other extensionists on here it’s so helpful if you ever need any help just message me xxxx

Hey, im thinking about Training with Oakley too, im trained in all techniques apart from weaves. It doesn't say La weave on thier page, wich one is it x

Latest posts

Back