Certificate for nail technician

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linawublunt

Reaction score
I am new here, my name is Lina From Sheffield …
I have been working for the nail Salon for a few years on and off. After the pandemic I want to get a certificate for self-employed, any suggestion I can get one for insurance?
Thank you very much 😃

I'm not sure what you mean.

Did you undertake training before/during your time in the salon? Surely you were given certificates once your training was complete. You don't need separate certificates for self-employment.

If you've lost them, your training provider may have a copy on file x

Did you undertake training before/during your time in the salon? Surely you were given certificates once your training was complete. You don't need separate certificates for self-employment.

Hey, your reply didn't send properly?

Depending on your country will affect on what are the requirements. But generally, Kyralouise is right, you do not need a self-employment certificate. You may however need a business licence, and if you plan to go down that route I would recommend getting certified/licenced as a nail tech if you have not already so you can have access to better quality distributors. If you have experience but not necessarily certified or formal training you could also look into online schools so they can give you some of the basics and education on top of what you have learned from your hands on experience.

Hey, your reply didn't send properly?
sorry , new member, still working out how to using it.
Thanks for your reply, my certificate is not been recognised in the Uk so that is why I am looking for a proper training place to get one.
Other thing is I don't really want to do Acrylic anymore as I don't think they really good for my health , still the market are there , but I want to do something new like hard Gel or builder Gel.
I think I just need to start again ...

Depending on your country will affect on what are the requirements. But generally, Kyralouise is right, you do not need a self-employment certificate. You may however need a business licence, and if you plan to go down that route I would recommend getting certified/licenced as a nail tech if you have not already so you can have access to better quality distributors. If you have experience but not necessarily certified or formal training you could also look into online schools so they can give you some of the basics and education on top of what you have learned from your hands on experience.
Hi Chloe ,Thank you for your reply , I am looking something quick , as I check online , everything has to be start manicure and pedicure then gel nail , Acrylic, bla bla ... I thing I just have no patience.

Hi Chloe ,Thank you for your reply , I am looking for something quick, as I check online, everything has to start manicure and pedicure then gel nail, Acrylic, bla bla ... I thing I just have no patience.
So your want to skip the steps? If your want to switch to gel that is fine ( I only do Hard gel). But if you shop around there may be some things that are more towards what you want. But the idea of not having the patience to get the certification does concern me on if going solo is the right choice. It is not a quick setup sort of thing, it's a lot of hard work and slow growth. It may not be the right fit for you, but at the end of the day it is your choice, that is just my opinion.

So your want to skip the steps? If your want to switch to gel that is fine ( I only do Hard gel). But if you shop around there may be some things that are more towards what you want. But the idea of not having the patience to get the certification does concern me on if going solo is the right choice. It is not a quick setup sort of thing, it's a lot of hard work and slow growth. It may not be the right fit for you, but at the end of the day it is your choice, that is just my opinion.
Hi Chloe, I didn't mean to skip steps, I mean I have already working in the salon for nearly three years, I have all those skills just don't really want to waste my time to doing something I already know, obviously, If I want to get a certificate I need to do it again. Well, looks like that is the only option, I have just spoke with one of the ABT training center.
I know to build a business is no easy, it takes time and a lot of patients.
Thank you for you advice

Retraining is never time wasted, techniques and products do change slightly and it's the chance to hone your skills ready for your new business. If you have full UK accreditation you'll be accepted by a wider range of insurers and also professional bodies such as the Guild, BABTAC etc. This will instill confidence with clients too. Good luck.

Retraining is never time wasted, techniques and products do change slightly and it's the chance to hone your skills ready for your new business. If you have full UK accreditation you'll be accepted by a wider range of insurers and also professional bodies such as the Guild, BABTAC etc. This will instill confidence with clients too. Good luck.
Thank you very much

Latest posts

Back