Certificates for spray tan solution samples!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
I'm absolutely fuming.

I thought I would try a few new companies spray tans as I haven't tried any new ones for three years as I have always and probably will always be a nouvatan girl. Anyway I asked for a sample of beautytrix solution and paid the money on 3 August. I hadn't received my sample so I emailed asking for eta. Got no response. I emailed again an d received an email today saying they have tried to email me several times to ask for my certificates?!!! When they receive this they will send out my sample! Are they having a laugh? I know it's been a while since I got samples (maybe last year when trying to look for a bodybuilder tan) but I have never been asked for proof of my certificates! And not for a 200ml sample bottle! Even if their tan was the best thing since spray tans were invented I would not be ordering from this company. I will stick to my beloved nouvatan where I know dawn and the team treat you like family. Rant over!

i feel your pain mate i had same with Moroccan tan and she was so snotty as well!
ive been on the phone to Dawn at nouvatan today and do you know what its not just a great Tan supplier she's an ear aswell, made an awful day much better after chatting to her. I love nouvatan xx

I can see it appears a little petty, but I wish all companies would ask for certificates before letting anyone order.

Keeps a small amount if regulation in our industry.

With s2 you must provide certificates, with Bio you must have trained with them. It helps keep a good name for these companies & protects those who pay for training.

All you would have to do is take a pic of your certificate on your phone & email it over. It takes 2 seconds!

Xx

The lack of communication is appalling.

But I also actually think that asking for certificates of training is a good idea.

Too many people in my area are spray tanning with little or no training and no insurance, but when they're doing it so cheap a lot of their clients don't seem to care.

It sounds like they could have tried harder to get in touch after taking your money but I think asking for certificates is a good thing. My bugbear is unqualified 'therapists' being allowed access to trade products at trade prices and then providing substandard treatments

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm absolutely fuming.

I thought I would try a few new companies spray tans as I haven't tried any new ones for three years as I have always and probably will always be a nouvatan girl. Anyway I asked for a sample of beautytrix solution and paid the money on 3 August. I hadn't received my sample so I emailed asking for eta. Got no response. I emailed again an d received an email today saying they have tried to email me several times to ask for my certificates?!!! When they receive this they will send out my sample! Are they having a laugh? I know it's been a while since I got samples (maybe last year when trying to look for a bodybuilder tan) but I have never been asked for proof of my certificates! And not for a 200ml sample bottle! Even if their tan was the best thing since spray tans were invented I would not be ordering from this company. I will stick to my beloved nouvatan where I know dawn and the team treat you like family. Rant over!

oh dear that is not good and i can completely see why you have decided to stay with your existing brand after your experience ..however don't for one minute think all companies treat there customers in the same way so may well be worth..once your over your initial annoyance,seek samples from other companies

as for charging for samples ..well this is a complex issue .
samples to customers is a high cost overhead of spray tan brands .Asking for proof of qualification is generally one driven by growing a data base for marketing purposes down line rather than one of regulating the industry :wink2:

Given the transient nature of the vast majority of spray tan therapists the provision of free samples is a business overhead that most spray tan brands are beast just bearing with

That said..a 200ml bottle is by no means a sample and quiet rightly should be charged for ...a 50ml sample is a completely different matter :wink2:

It's all very well stating that company's should ask for certificates however tomorrow olympia starts and anyone can buy anything no questions asked. You can buy solutions and kits on eBay and Amazon so asking for certificates does nothing people will get hold of what they want by other means.

It's all very well stating that company's should ask for certificates however tomorrow olympia starts and anyone can buy anything no questions asked. You can buy solutions and kits on eBay and Amazon so asking for certificates does nothing people will get hold of what they want by other means.

I would personally feel much better buying from a company that does ask for things like qualifications - as their intentions are honourable and their intention is to protect the brand and also the therapists.

yes, you can buy products from e-bay & Amazon etc..but, do you know what you are getting? Are the products original etc…personally, I wouldn't take the risk.

Most of the company's who make it a task to get a hold of their product practically give it away at beauty fairs. Lycon make you jump through hoops yet come tomorrow you can buy a suitcase full then flog it on eBay or use it on yourself so it's a slap in the face to therapist who train hard and do things right. L A tan sell their stuff on Amazon Suntana sell on eBay I would imagine it's the real deal they make their brands easy to buy for everyone pro or otherwise. It's the company's selling that should be regulated the public are exercising their consumer rights feel comfy all you want sending certificates won't change anything. The beauty fair would be empty if company's relied on genuine therapists they all have double standards and that hacks me off.:grr: I have bought direct from numerous wholesalers company themselves fairs no one has ever asked for proof yet I know what I'm doing so I think I have the right to get the huff if someone did I wouldn't think good on you I think sod that I'll go else where.

Last edited:
I had this when I was looking for a new tan as a client had a reaction to Nouvatan, no one would Send me one as I had trained with Nouvatan and it's on my certificate

I had this when I was looking for a new tan as a client had a reaction to Nouvatan, no one would Send me one as I had trained with Nouvatan and it's on my certificate

This brings up a whole issue in itself .
many brands claim that the certification they provide is specifically for there own brand.
if they train you and certify you all out of the kindness of there heart thats fair enough....however if you are charged then this type of condition is one that is unethical and more than likley against trading standards .

it is worthwhile looking at your certificate as , like us, the more ethical companies as with many independent companies certify the use of spraytan equipment and the application of spraytan solution, erespective of what brand is used
if paying for this service in obtaining certification for insurance perposes it is not apropriate no matter which way you look at it for companies to connect that certificat as only being valid while using there product :evil:

these sorts of unreasonable terms are simply an inapropriate means to tie therapists to a specific brand

always worthwhile asking the question prior to passing over your hard earned cash :Love:please

If a company wonted me to go to the hassle of sending them my certificate, just to obtain a sample, i would tell them to stuff it. I can understand to open an account, but not for a sample. They are just not that well known to make you jump through hoops. Try fakebake , they have great reps who are always willing to help, and it is a fab tan. x

If a company wonted me to go to the hassle of sending them my certificate, just to obtain a sample, i would tell them to stuff it. I can understand to open an account, but not for a sample. They are just not that well known to make you jump through hoops. Try fakebake , they have great reps who are always willing to help, and it is a fab tan. x

I wonder if fake bake also don't like people who have trained with different companies and offer different brands. I have contacted fake bake for samples. They sent me just the gold variety. I thought ok will try that. I have contacted them via email 4 times now via emails and not had one reply. Nothing. I have my business name on emails which advertises nouvatan so I wonder if this has something to do with it. I also emailed regarding just registering and they haven't replied to that either. They must not want my custom. Thought they had sorted their customer service issues out! X

Most of the company's who make it a task to get a hold of their product practically give it away at beauty fairs. Lycon make you jump through hoops yet come tomorrow you can buy a suitcase full then flog it on eBay or use it on yourself so it's a slap in the face to therapist who train hard and do things right. L A tan sell their stuff on Amazon Suntana sell on eBay I would imagine it's the real deal they make their brands easy to buy for everyone pro or otherwise. It's the company's selling that should be regulated the public are exercising their consumer rights feel comfy all you want sending certificates won't change anything. The beauty fair would be empty if company's relied on genuine therapists they all have double standards and that hacks me off.:grr: I have bought direct from numerous wholesalers company themselves fairs no one has ever asked for proof yet I know what I'm doing so I think I have the right to get the huff if someone did I wouldn't think good on you I think sod that I'll go else where.

You know what - if you buy from e-bay and places like that - you may THINK you are buying original products and at a better price - but, you do need to be aware that there are unauthorised sellers on there too, pro porting to be legit. Selling what you believe to be the genuine article. Buy them, and / or use them on clients and you may find yourself in big trouble. What if your client has an adverse reaction etc…see Only Official Legal Distributor of Environ Skincare in the USA as an example.

So - for me personally, going direct to the original supplier is the only way to go, and if they require certification, then I would be pleased that they were at least trying to change this fee for all that you talk about. I also, would have no objection to providing copies of qualifications. If I was, then why bother getting qualified in the first place if I can just go buy something for which I have no idea how to use, or training in it.

We don't get the hut when clients ask to see our certificates before they allow us to treat them…do we? so, whats the beef about suppliers asking to see them

Anyway, guess I'm getting off of the original post a little - and just my opinion…wouldn't do for us all to be the same

I have no problem in proving my qualification to a supplier who asks for it. It's a small way of helping to keep standards up within the industry.
I often see posts about hard working qualified therapists in despair at competition setting up unqualified and uninsured and undercutting prices, so I think it's a positive thing to try and restrict supply to those who have invested in training like the rest of us, whether it's samples or an order x

I see what you are saying about beauty shows, but then thats down to Olympia to decide who can get tickets.

Joy-you may decide to go else where, but you'd miss out on some fabulous brands by doing so, Bio sculpture, CND, even to get a sallys card you must show certificates! Lynne Bakers company buy back stock so it stays professional and doesnt end up on ebay, some companies do care that they are seen as professional only products.

The fact suntana sells its products on ebay, well it says it all. It advertises its prices without needing to log in. I like my pro product prices kept between myself & the company.
Would I trust a bottle of Fake bake from ebay? No chance! Is it worth my repuration? No, is it worth voiding my insurance? Again no.

If you are qualified it takes 2 seconds to use your camera phone to take a picture of your certificate & add it as an email attachment, it doesnt need mailing off, I really dont see anyones problem.

I respect companies for protecting their products & their brand name.

Xx

This brings up a whole issue in itself .
many brands claim that the certification they provide is specifically for there own brand.
if they train you and certify you all out of the kindness of there heart thats fair enough....however if you are charged then this type of condition is one that is unethical and more than likley against trading standards .

it is worthwhile looking at your certificate as , like us, the more ethical companies as with many independent companies certify the use of spraytan equipment and the application of spraytan solution, erespective of what brand is used
if paying for this service in obtaining certification for insurance perposes it is not apropriate no matter which way you look at it for companies to connect that certificat as only being valid while using there product :evil:

these sorts of unreasonable terms are simply an inapropriate means to tie therapists to a specific brand

always worthwhile asking the question prior to passing over your hard earned cash :Love:please
Our Training course is not brand Specific and people who train with us get a Beauty guild accreditation that allows people that have been on our courses to use whatever solution they wish(Why they would use anything else is beyond me lol:) and to gain insurances to operate professionally here is a link to our training centre details on The Guilds Web site https://www.beautyguild.com/Trainin....aspx?ID=83c19553-7511-40af-98cf-df3ccdede3ee

I don't have a problem with companies asking for certificates I think they all should it should be tighter yet I reiterate its not fair for therapist to appease companies only for them to make it available to everyone in a trade show that is all.

Hi,

I know this is an old post but I was looking for samples to find the best spray tan solution and I was asked for spray tan certificate by Morocan Tan and I think that's a good way of keeping it professional and it shows that not just anyone can buy their products although saying that I can buy Morocan Tan, LA Tan etc on Amazon and other online stores.

I have yet to find a fully exclusive spray tan supplier. If you know of such a supplier that is also organic and natural I would love to know.

Thank you

Have a look at Sunescape

Latest posts

Back