Certificates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not very computer savvy Kim, but if you sent it by pdf is there any chance that the receiver could change it by, say, adding someone else's name on it, so that someone not trained by you could wrongly use one of your certificates? Like I say, not computer savvy, but just a thought to protect yourself?
They could but I think it would be evident when they can't wax. lol Seriously, I would find out believe me. x

With hundreds of millions of dollars in counterfeit currency circulating throughout the world undetected due to today's technology making forgery so convincing, I'm sure falsifying one of Ms. Kim's most cherished certificates would be a walk in the park for anyone who chose to do so.

If someone wants to forge her certificate no matter what format in which they receive it, they're going to do it.

I would prefer a certificate sent out to me

Kim could you compile a database of those who have passed your course? You could put it on your website maybe and then even if you send them in PDF people can see on your website that the person is qualified? I know it means a lot of work to start with but it could work x

I would want my certificate to be a hard copy posted or I'd have to faff around taking a PDF to a printing firm (my printers not great) for me to be able to frame - I'm still at the stage of being excited over each new certificate!!

I prefer getting a hard copy and I'm mobile at the moment but will be moving in to my own room in a couple of weeks and can't wait to get my certificates up on a wall, especially my Shellac one. X :)

I would give the option of pdf or post. I can see the benefit of pdf, but luv having post sent too me so - get soooo excitied waiting for it:biggrin:

So perhaps Ms. Kim, you can send recipients a PDF via email and a hard copy via post. If the hard copy is returned via post, the recipient will have to rely on their PDF.

I would send a hard copy by Special Delivery - I have far less hassle with this service, which is trackable. Also get students to verify their address is correct and that they will be charged if it is return to sender and you have to re-send. I would also send a PDF as well.

Sorry haven't read all posts on this so not sure if im repeating but regardless hard or soft copy either way you can still replicate it ie scanning etc I think PDF is fine in this so called day n age. I'd like to believe in the fact that MOST people are honest and not let the odd bad apple scare us from moving forward. Not denying that some do take advantage but if each cert is say given a traceable registered number and insurance companies, prospective employers etc can call and quote name and number as a check point then it would safe guard the issue. I guess though for that you'll need all on board. Just my thoughts :) x

Whilst I do see your point SammiC, I personally wouldn't send out PDF certificates.

Let's face it, when it comes to waxing, Kim is THE name. Her reputation has taken years and years to build, so anything that may devalue that reputation I would avoid. It may only take a few fake certificates to harm that, so for the risk of making it easier for dodgy people, I'd stick with hard copies and special delivery.

Just my opinion, but given a "locked" PDF certificate it would take me under a minute to change the name on there.

I would like both. After waiting 6 months! for my mani cert because it got lost in the post 3times, I would have loved a pdf version so i could get insurance asap, but I only have a b&w laser printer so if the certs are colour, Id love a colour one. (even recorded delivery cert went awol).
Xx

So perhaps Ms. Kim, you can send recipients a PDF via email and a hard copy via post. If the hard copy is returned via post, the recipient will have to rely on their PDF.
As my mum would say…..'Stick a broom up me a**e and I'll sweep as I go'. :biggrin: That would be too time consuming to do both I'm afraid. x

I send my certificates out by royal mail first class and haven't had any returned.
i spend approx 20 minutes producing each certificate, and then another 10 minutes writing the envelope and getting it ready for post then of course taking it to the post office.

i very occassionally get asked to change the spelling, but as I insist on a booking form prior to attending with a section for HOW DO YOU WANT YOUR CERTIFICATE TO BE WRITTEN, then this is rare.

I personally would be gutted not to get a proper certificate, it devalues the time, effort and money I have spent on attending a course.

As my mum would say…..'Stick a broom up me a**e and I'll sweep as I go'. :biggrin: That would be too time consuming to do both I'm afraid. x

LOL...too funny!

For the record, I can't remember the last time I received a hard copy certificate, Ms. Kim....even with my master CND courses.

It does seem rather archaic is today's computer age to wait for a hard copy of, well...anything. And after all, you are a busy woman.

I love a posh looking certificate though, makes me feel like I've done something with my life when i look at them up on my wall lol x

LOL...too funny!

For the record, I can't remember the last time I received a hard copy certificate, Ms. Kim....even with my master CND courses.

It does seem rather archaic is today's computer age to wait for a hard copy of, well...anything. And after all, you are a busy woman.
Certificate's are very 1990's aren't they. I'm still thinking of something different. x

I like my hard copy certs...

Yes you can scan them and edit if you want but I like my signed ones :) You can tell if someone scans them :)

PDF files are too easy to edit - it would take me all of 5 mins to do it (I used to do a lot of work on pdf documents for work) and unlocking a document is a doddle. My concern with sending them out if that people see the certificates and "know" Kim Lawless is a recognised trainer - but if that certificate has been faked from a PDF then it's Kim's name in the customers mind as much as the waxer... How will the customer know it's an edited PDF??? Looks just like any other certificate after all...

It's just making too easy for people in my view :)

Certificate's are very 1990's aren't they. I'm still thinking of something different. x

You're joking right?
Surely if someone has put in the hard graft to get a qualification, you want the sense of pride & achievement that comes with having a proper bone fide certificate.

I know I've said this before but a self printed certificate just wouldn't do it for me. You can't beat the thrill of receiving through the post your acknowledge of your hard graft.

Let's face it, most of the time these days, post is usually bills so how nice to receive something like a certificate :)

Latest posts

Back