Chair again..sorry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Hiya ..a while back i did a thread about what stool/chair to use for my bad back..its getting worse...as i am leaning forward would it be better to have something to take the strain from my back...i saw this...what do you think....(i cant afford it, don't know if anyone else knows of a similar chair) http://www.pnwx.com/Accessories/Seating/Dental-Optical/ (scroll down to the second red chair...)

...looked into the saddle/kneeling chairs but cant seem to find one at a reasonable price and i have heard that you end up with bad knees/legs....what about those back support things...that you wear...anyone used one...?

thanks xx

I know that Lucia has purchased some new chair or stool which is great for her bad back. I think Fiona Natural Nails also has a special chair or stool for back problems.

I have recently got an orthopaedic saddle stool for my back and so far so good, the only problem I have found so far is my bum suffered for a while while I got used to sitting on it ...I was a bit saddle sore lol....but it's ok now and no back ache.

Cathie! said:
I have recently got an orthopaedic saddle stool for my back and so far so good, the only problem I have found so far is my bum suffered for a while while I got used to sitting on it ...I was a bit saddle sore lol....but it's ok now and no back ache.

do you have any links for this Cathie?

rjryan said:
do you have any links for this Cathie?

I got it from this company

http://www.osteopathyfirst.co.uk/shop/index.htm

but they don't seem to have any on their website at the moment... I got mine from them via ebay but they don't have any on there either...no help really am I but I don't know if all saddle stools are the same design and specifically designed to deal with posture and back problems which is why I chose this company....I hoped they knew what they were on about!

Cathie! said:

:lol: Ditto. :lol:

I've just changed desks and I am starting to get back ache which I haven't had in ages. I am still trying to adjust the height of my chair so it's comfortable and getting used to readjusting the whole way I work. Can you adjust the height of the chair you have? I just have a typists chair and I know when I have it at the right height then I have no probs - it's just getting it there is the prob!

i've got a kneeling chair angie. i don't have any problems with my knees and i've had it for 8 months. you don't get the same pressure on your knees as kneeling on the floor. and the other week i changed to a taller stool (breakfast bar type) thinking i would be better on a taller stool, but i had back ache within 2 days and went back to my kneeling chair.

do you wanna borrow mine for a week and see how you get on? me and minxie keep crossing tracks so i'm sure i could get it to you somehow.
pm me if you do.

Toni Talons said:
do you wanna borrow mine for a week and see how you get on? me and minxie keep crossing tracks so I'm sure i could get it to you somehow.
pm me if you do.

awww so sweet...:hug: you have convinced me to get one....i looked in Argos but they didn't have any, and i don't mean to sound tight but the others i have seen are over 100 quid...!! i will definitely get one as its just getting worse and worse...wonder if its cos i am tall....but i did try a lower chair and then felt like my elbows where banging on the table...thanks again...youve been fab guys xxx

i'm tall too hun. if i see one about i'll text minx, she can text you and if you want it i'll get it.

Toni Talons said:
i'm tall too hun. if i see one about i'll text minx, she can text you and if you want it i'll get it.

Thanks Toni...that would be great xx

Toni Talons said:
i've got a kneeling chair angie. i don't have any problems with my knees and i've had it for 8 months. you don't get the same pressure on your knees as kneeling on the floor. and the other week i changed to a taller stool (breakfast bar type) thinking i would be better on a taller stool, but i had back ache within 2 days and went back to my kneeling chair.

do you wanna borrow mine for a week and see how you get on? me and minxie keep crossing tracks so i'm sure i could get it to you somehow.
pm me if you do.

why dont you come over some time?? wine....take away....mini geek? i asked you this last sat anyway didnt i.....anytime babes.

I promise not to get any tan anywhere near you:wink2:

amb x

Latest posts

Back