Chair or beauty bed?

kirst_mcc

Hi all

I am having a re-jig of my one room beauty studio
At the moment I carry out the following treatments, nails, makeup, brows, body waxing & I hope to add eyelash extensions to the list soon!

I have always used a beauty couch bed that has an adjustable section that allows the client to sit up-right but I am thinking of taking the bed away to replace with a beauty chair like this one - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WestWood-Beauty-Salon-Chair-Massage-Table-Tattoo-Facial-Therapy-Couch-Bed-Stool/122539925275?_trkparms=aid=555017&algo=PL.CASSINI&ao=1&asc=55149&meid=fe13b33262f04c50b8583ebdeffdae72&pid=101006&rk=1&rkt=1&&itm=122539925275&_trksid=p2045573.c101006.m3226

I am just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or advise on this - for or against?
My main query with it is how I would get on with body waxing but as you can make the chair pretty flat like the bed I have read good reviews on it
I also like that the chair gives more flexibility and would help with pedicures as well as being slightly smaller and taking up less room when it's not fully reclined

Thanks

beautyboutique90

I have one in my salon. Its great for lying treatments but not for pedicures if u are going to use it as a chair as the bottom half does not go flat down it remains at an angle which makes it awkward to position the footspa.
Hope that helps x

RED STAR

Unfortunately a chair that works for all treatments does not exist - believe me I’ve spent a lot of time and money searching!
When I fitted out my new salon, a purchased 2 make up/brow/lash chairs.....£700 each....although they are described as reclining, they hardly go back at all - rendering them useless!
I also have the bed you show, and as mentioned the bottom half does not collapse down fully, so it can never really be a chair....the base is also quite long, so it takes up a lot more room than a chair would.
Hope that helps

kirst_mcc

I have one in my salon. Its great for lying treatments but not for pedicures if u are going to use it as a chair as the bottom half does not go flat down it remains at an angle which makes it awkward to position the footspa.
Hope that helps x
Thank you! x

kirst_mcc

Unfortunately a chair that works for all treatments does not exist - believe me I’ve spent a lot of time and money searching!
When I fitted out my new salon, a purchased 2 make up/brow/lash chairs.....£700 each....although they are described as reclining, they hardly go back at all - rendering them useless!
I also have the bed you show, and as mentioned the bottom half does not collapse down fully, so it can never really be a chair....the base is also quite long, so it takes up a lot more room than a chair would.
Hope that helps
That is really helpful thank you! :) x