Chair or beauty bed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 136320

Reaction score
Hi all

I am having a re-jig of my one room beauty studio
At the moment I carry out the following treatments, nails, makeup, brows, body waxing & I hope to add eyelash extensions to the list soon!

I have always used a beauty couch bed that has an adjustable section that allows the client to sit up-right but I am thinking of taking the bed away to replace with a beauty chair like this one - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WestWood...m=122539925275&_trksid=p2045573.c101006.m3226

I am just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or advise on this - for or against?
My main query with it is how I would get on with body waxing but as you can make the chair pretty flat like the bed I have read good reviews on it
I also like that the chair gives more flexibility and would help with pedicures as well as being slightly smaller and taking up less room when it's not fully reclined

Thanks

I have one in my salon. Its great for lying treatments but not for pedicures if u are going to use it as a chair as the bottom half does not go flat down it remains at an angle which makes it awkward to position the footspa.
Hope that helps x

Unfortunately a chair that works for all treatments does not exist - believe me I’ve spent a lot of time and money searching!
When I fitted out my new salon, a purchased 2 make up/brow/lash chairs.....£700 each....although they are described as reclining, they hardly go back at all - rendering them useless!
I also have the bed you show, and as mentioned the bottom half does not collapse down fully, so it can never really be a chair....the base is also quite long, so it takes up a lot more room than a chair would.
Hope that helps

I have one in my salon. Its great for lying treatments but not for pedicures if u are going to use it as a chair as the bottom half does not go flat down it remains at an angle which makes it awkward to position the footspa.
Hope that helps x
Thank you! x

Unfortunately a chair that works for all treatments does not exist - believe me I’ve spent a lot of time and money searching!
When I fitted out my new salon, a purchased 2 make up/brow/lash chairs.....£700 each....although they are described as reclining, they hardly go back at all - rendering them useless!
I also have the bed you show, and as mentioned the bottom half does not collapse down fully, so it can never really be a chair....the base is also quite long, so it takes up a lot more room than a chair would.
Hope that helps
That is really helpful thank you! :) x

Latest posts

Back