Chair rent whilst away

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funtimefranko

Reaction score
Does anyone else have to pay any rent whilst away? I have to pay half and I am skint :(

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Does anyone else have to pay any rent whilst away? I have to pay half and I am skint :(

It's usual to pay full rent when sick or on holiday... You don't not pay your rent at home because you're on holiday!!??

I hate it when people compare it to that.... your home is not your source of income. But yes all I wanted to know if other people do it

Most salons generally offer 2 weeks free rent a year

No shop owner doesn't pay rent if they're I'll or away.. Or Christmas Day? You have rent to pay for every day of the year !

The shop owner would still be earning whilst they're away from the shop. A chair renter wpuld be earning nill. I am not asking for comparisons I am asking if other people do things the same or not.

Not on the closed day or bank holidays... Or a one man band with a small salon... Sorry that's just not the way rental works..

All I was asking is if other people do the same. No need to get so worked up about it for goodness sake

Hahaha I'm not getting worked up... I gave my opinion and you didn't like it and so I'm defending my position ..
If you don't want to be out of pocket you should look for a percentage split possibly?

Your opinion I didnt mind... you just delivered it a little harshly. Anyway... I understand the business still needs to run... I could rent three houses with.the amount I pay so you can imagine its a hell of alot when you are not earning. They won't let me do that unfortunately

Why don't you rent three houses instead then?

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes, it's normal to pay rent throughout the year regardless of whether you are ill etc. unless you have something specific negotiated in your contract.

Obviously, you wouldn't have to pay anything on a percentage split basis as you're not taking any payments whilst your away.

The upside is, if your business becomes very successful, you still pay the same amount and therefore get to keep more profit, until the rent is reviewed.

If your profit increases substantially on a percentage split basis, your landlord would also recoup the benefit of your hard work and may have contributed nothing towards it.

You take the rough with the smooth...

Thank you for the comments. It is my first time doing this and wanted to know if it was normal practice. You need to clear these things up just so you know people arent takin advantage or anything :)

Ok....I still have to pay my electric, rent, business rates, water, phone bill, pdq machine if I go on holiday....that's my only source of income too. My room renters pay full price if they're on holiday

None of the above will let me off, it's my choice :-(

So you only paying half is a very good deal

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe you should have cleared this up when you started working there or when you booked a holiday or better still, saved up for any event where you need extra cash.

Im not saying I shouldnt have to pay that. Obviously I worded wrong. I just wanted to know if it was the same everywhere thats all. Like I say Its the first time ive done it and i dont really know how it all works. I understand there is still a business to run whilst im not there

Im not saying I shouldnt have to pay that. Obviously I worded wrong. I just wanted to know if it was the same everywhere thats all. Like I say Its the first time ive done it and i dont really know how it all works. I understand there is still a business to run whilst im not there

Ahhh ok, yes must of read it wrong.

Yes, you've gathered now lol, it is standard, but you've got the better deal by only paying half :)

Ahhh ok, yes must of read it wrong.

Yes, you've gathered now lol, it is standard, but you've got the better deal by only paying half :)

Lol I posted after counting my takings for this week. Isn't brilliant after paying extra rent (I just could not afford it whilst away) and felt so disappointed... I decided to check if it's standard to pay whilst away and made and made it sound as if I just came to have a moan (i do moan about it a little, human nature no one wants to give money away) yeah I get half price 14 days a year. My rent is going up to 300 pw I will moan then :'( lol

Maybe you should have cleared this up when you started working there or when you booked a holiday or better still, saved up for any event where you need extra cash.

Yeah I know. I planned to use my final weeks money before I went but cancellations messed it up a bit. Should've planned it better I know

Lol I posted after counting my takings for this week. Isn't brilliant after paying extra rent (I just could not afford it whilst away) and felt so disappointed... I decided to check if it's standard to pay whilst away and made and made it sound as if I just came to have a moan (i do moan about it a little, human nature no one wants to give money away) yeah I get half price 14 days a year. My rent is going up to 300 pw I will moan then :'( lol

£300 a week?! Ouch! I hope your prices reflect your rent :eek:

Latest posts

Back