Champix stop smoking tablets, anyone on them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzandbeauty

Reaction score
Hi,just wanted to know if anyone is on them as i could do with abit of support with a buddy.
Im on my 3rd day and still smoking not many though about 4/5 per day.

If anyone wants to chat about it n needs a online buddy give me a shout as i could do with one:grr:

Thanks zena x

Hi,
Could you tell me if you need to go to the doctors for these o can you buy them.
Thanks.

you get them from your docs or stop smoking groups xx

Thanks, Ill have to give one of them a visit..

Thanks, Ill have to give one of them a visit..

good luck with it...i shall be doing this 26th jan...i cant wait!!!!...i really am fed up with smoking and its more of a habit for me....let us know how you get on xx:hug:

Thanks sj ill have a look at the link x

good luck with it...i shall be doing this 26th jan...i cant wait!!!!...i really am fed up with smoking and its more of a habit for me....let us know how you get on xx:hug:

Will do..
I'll ring doctors in the morning for an appointment. Just hope I can get some, I've tried patches and loads of other things and I still can't stop smoking.

I've heard so many good things about these, they have got to be worth a try..

Well like i said im on my 3rd day,iv had 2 fags today but not had a craving since my last one about 2 hrs ago.
After my last 1 yesterday teatime had a stinker of a headache not sure it was down to tablets it was when id finished the fag n i felt sick and also iv been to the toilet more but we will see how i get on as i think its a discusting smell even when iv smoke i dont like to smell it,dont smoke all over my house only in my utility room where the dog sleeps ,if its nice then i smoke outside anyway.
Anyway if anyone wants to keep intouch when they go on it PM me n help each other!
Good luck to all xx

Well like i said im on my 3rd day,iv had 2 fags today but not had a craving since my last one about 2 hrs ago.
After my last 1 yesterday teatime had a stinker of a headache not sure it was down to tablets it was when id finished the fag n i felt sick and also iv been to the toilet more but we will see how i get on as i think its a discusting smell even when iv smoke i dont like to smell it,dont smoke all over my house only in my utility room where the dog sleeps ,if its nice then i smoke outside anyway.
Anyway if anyone wants to keep intouch when they go on it PM me n help each other!
Good luck to all xx

you will smoke as normal for the first week hun - even tho you cut down. have you decided what day on the 2nd week your gonna quit then. i chose the 8th day, sooner get it started, and as you all know now im now 5 WEEKS AS A NON SMOKER (on tuesday). i dont miss them either, i have even stopped taking the champix, as i feel i dont need them anymore......

Fair play Glynis, you have done so well!!!
I am gonna pass this info onto my Mum as she is a smoker, she did stop for 9 months, but then my Nan passed away and she has started again!!!!

Hugs for all those trying to give up, just think of nice smelling hair and clothes and no fag breath! (just incase you think Im insulting you all, Im not, I used to be a smoker, I gave up the day I found out I was carrying my 1st child, and I have never looked back!)

xxxxxx:hug:

Well done to you halys,i did that when i wanted to try for my second child i gave up that day did all the nine months and also 4 n half years after aswell then started again i could kick my self.
Oh well onwards and upwards xx

Hi,just wanted to know if anyone is on them as i could do with abit of support with a buddy.
Im on my 3rd day and still smoking not many though about 4/5 per day.

If anyone wants to chat about it n needs a online buddy give me a shout as i could do with one:grr:

Thanks zena x

you can do it hun...smoking is becoming sooo anti-social !!!....i will pm when i have given up then you can tell me how you doing....i shell be keeping my fingers...eyes....and toes crossed for you xxxx:hug::hug:

My mam and dad tryied them, they didnt work for my dad but my mam was fine one them, stopped smokin for a few month but soon as she come off them, she was ILL!!

x

Im on my 8th day now so i called this my actual quiting day,its 5.20 and havnt had a fag yet but im wanting one now so im gona keep going hopefully it will go away.
Iv had a lot of headaches and feeling sick tho but im also under alot of pressure at the minute so dont know if its that or the champix.
Anyway to those who are giving it ago good luck keep us updated xx

I read an article today in either the Woman or the Womans Own. It said that they could make you depressed and even suicidal. This isn't stated on the sheet you get with your medicine in Britain, but is on the American sheet. I'm not discouraging anyone from trying them as people seem to do well on them, just making you aware of something you should watch out for in yourself/partners, etc
Marion x

I read an article today in either the Woman or the Womans Own. It said that they could make you depressed and even suicidal. This isn't stated on the sheet you get with your medicine in Britain, but is on the American sheet. I'm not discouraging anyone from trying them as people seem to do well on them, just making you aware of something you should watch out for in yourself/partners, etc
Marion x
my sis hubby went to docs and he would not give him champix...said the same ...it has caused people to try suicide...:eek:he has to go to newmarket for them...he went and got some patches and has not smoked in 2 days....xx

Well i was on my second week and the sickness was horrible so i went to the dr and she said i had to come off them.im now back on patches my first day and guesse what NO SICKNESS he he.Thankgod i will keep trying with my non smoking.Good luck to you all xx i hope the champix works for you but unfortunatley not for me xx

Well i was on my second week and the sickness was horrible so i went to the dr and she said i had to come off them.im now back on patches my first day and guesse what NO SICKNESS he he.Thankgod i will keep trying with my non smoking.Good luck to you all xx i hope the champix works for you but unfortunatley not for me xx

well done hun for not giving up....keeping fingers crossed xxxx

Latest posts

Back