Change of business name ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loubylou

Reaction score
I am wanting to change the name of my salon,
it is called Sunessential at the moment and this is what it was called when i bought it,
the lady that i bought it from only did nails and had a sunbed so the name was ok,
i do most beauty treatments, nails, tanning and training so i don't think the name is appropriate any more,
i was thinking of changing it to Essential Beauty (unless you can come up with something better)
what i need to know is do i need permission to do this and is there any one i need to inform and register the name change with as i don't want to pay out for new signs and stationary and then find out i have broke any laws :eek:

I am wanting to change the name of my salon,
it is called Sunessential at the moment and this is what it was called when i bought it,
the lady that i bought it from only did nails and had a sunbed so the name was ok,
i do most beauty treatments, nails, tanning and training so i don't think the name is appropriate any more,
i was thinking of changing it to Essential Beauty (unless you can come up with something better)
what i need to know is do i need permission to do this and is there any one i need to inform and register the name change with as i don't want to pay out for new signs and stationary and then find out i have broke any laws :eek:

Hi Louise

Hope you're ok hun, I love that name it sounds really classy, we have one around here called the Sanctuary I always thought that was really nice. As far as I know (and I should have had a few businesses now), you only need to watch you dont copy someone's business name if they are a limited company ie Creative etc. You could have the name of a business around the corner if you wanted if they werent limited (not that thats ethical but you see what I mean). If you are having a website I would just check on uk2.net or something to see if that name is taken website wise. :hug:

Thank you sam :hug:

Thank you sam :hug:

and if you want new signage and stationery, dont forget thats my other half's business if you want a quote, although you're prob quite a way off arent you xx:hug:

You will probably find that the .co.uk and the .com have been taken but you should be able to get a .org.uk or similar.

I like the new name and also like beauty essentials :green:

Hi hun

Try looking on Companies House, that'll tell you if someone has your same name as a limited company. Also regarding the website, try using a hyphen (-) in the middle, that sometimes can mean you can have the .co.uk or .com. You can buy .net as well.

Hope that helps :)

xx

I just checked companies house and there is an essential beauty ltd but you could be Essential Beauty by Loubylou Ltd :)

Last edited:
I've just changed mine because my old one didn't fit anymore, and as far as i'm aware (or rather, was told) you need to inform your bank and the inland revenue. If you are ltd, you need to inform companies house, but as a sole trader you wouldn't.

If you've got direct debits with anyone, you don't have to tell them, as long as your bank account number stays the same (just double check with the bank). If you advertise with yell.com or similar, you would need to tell them, just so they can alter your details.

Cheers everyone and thanks Sam, i look forward to your other half sending me some examples of what can be done via email,
I'm sure you have my email but if you don't just pm me and i will give it you again hun :hug:

Cheers everyone and thanks Sam, i look forward to your other half sending me some examples of what can be done via email,
I'm sure you have my email but if you don't just pm me and i will give it you again hun :hug:

Have got it hun, no probs, he will send it through on monday, just mowed off his feet (bless). He's just done a hairdressing salon next to us and its totally fab ! What've you thought of with names now ??? xxxx

Sticking with Essential Beauty Sam, white sign with bright pink lettering :hug:

Latest posts

Back