Change to contract?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funtimefranko

Reaction score
Hope this is in the right place... so hypothetically... say my contract hours are... tues to sat and Work said.. "right i want you to work sundays" And i refuse because its.not in my contract that i have to. Could they Say... "im going to have to change your contract.... can they do this?

Hope this is in the right place... so hypothetically... say my contract hours are... tues to sat and Work said.. "right i want you to work sundays" And i refuse because its.not in my contract that i have to. Could they Say... "im going to have to change your contract.... can they do this?

Where are you from? as rules are different everywhere. In England no they cannot without consulting you properly and if they were to fire you or you to leave it could be considered constructive dismissal especially if you are religious and therefore cannot work Sundays.

Contact acas / advice bureau. Try not to panic though normally other arrangements can be made.

https://www.gov.uk/sunday-working

Where are you from? as rules are different everywhere. In England no they cannot without consulting you properly and if they were to fire you or you to leave it could be considered constructive dismissal especially if you are religious and therefore cannot work Sundays.

Contact acas / advice bureau. Try not to panic though normally other arrangements can be made.

https://www.gov.uk/sunday-working
Yeah im from England. Nothing has happened im just wondering if i refuse something.that isnt in the contract they can just change it to suit them :)

Are they asking you to work every Sunday or just occasionally on a fixed rota?

I think you need to find out what they want from you and what they're initially willing to offer (pay & time off) and ask for time to think about it. Make an appointment with an employment adviser taking along your contract and get some advice on what your options are. Once you know where you stand legally, you can then negotiate on your terms.

Never say 'NO' at the outset, even if you don't think you fancy it. Always show a willingness to listen to any new proposals and ask pertinent questions. Finally, always request time to think things over, (and check things out).

Employers are more likely to take you seriously in subsequent negotiations if you demonstrate you have given the matter due consideration and appear entirely reasonable and keep discussions unemotional. Even when you plan to turn them down.

By what has happened to my husband in his working life, yes they can change your contract.

You can refuse to except the new conditions, I would think you would then be made redundant. You'll be entitled to what redundancy has been built up by you. (Years you have worked there)

My personal feelings are... Weekends are now merging into the working week, no longer are sat and sun deemed rest days, as long as you have 2 days off..... We have to adapt, there are plenty of people willing to take your place

Latest posts

Back