Changing business name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippersroo

Reaction score
Hi
I've had a Beauty business just over 3 years it's has gradually grown and I've expanded into offering more treatments.
When I first started I was convinced to only offer lashes so my business name was based on this.
I started offering more beauty so I added a tag line of "beauty treatments"
I then started offering hair extensions so I changed my tag line on my logo "hair and beauty" still with my lash based main business name.
Now I'm looking to rent a premises of my own (instead of a salon room) and am thinking with new treatments and alternative things I want to offer if I should just drop the "lash" part of my business name (I don't want my name sounding too girly as what I'm looking to offer is a male thing aswell I don't want males to be put off coming in)
So as long as I tell everyone and do my advertising to say it's changed do you think it will be ok?
Eg. Business name atm "Lauren's lashes" but change it to be called "Lauren's" if it's just my name I don't think it can be classed as purely beauty and "female" sounding? (Btw my business name isn't actually my first name im just trying to give an example, I don't want to put my real business name as I don't want my colleagues to know what I'm doing when I've left my old premises!)
Thanks for your help, x

Yes go for it, better now than later.

Yes change it to your name only. That's prob what everyone calls your salon anyway.
Mine is called
'ANGELA'S'
Nails, Beauty & Day Spa

Hi Rippersroo,
I pretty much have the same issue.
I started off as a tanning business, but now want to incorporate other beauty treatments. I also want to attract a male clientelle, and want a name that does not sound too feminine.
May I ask if you have made the changes yet and how has it gone thus far?

Hi myah,
I haven't made the changes. I will be starting in my new beauty room soon and don't have the space to offer the other things I was hoping to offer that would attract males also. So for the time being I've kept the original name and when I get a chance to expand further with more space I will probably change it then.

I changed my business name and it worked for the better!

Latest posts

Back