Changing C-Curve

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautynails

Reaction score
I have a client who has been with me for 7years, since I was training, she had enhancements long before I came along. She has always had alot of trouble with her nails. She takes alot of medication, has always had severe ski-jump nails and practically no c-curve.

The weird thing is over the last few appointments we've noticed that c-curve has changed dramatically and her nail bed has lengthened quite abit and they don't turn up much anymore.

It's all good, her nails look so much better for it, but I find it very curious and wondered if anybody had any ideas on why it's happening.

I changed the shape of one of my clients nails with enhancements too they were flat and Ski jump...a nightmare to work on at first but they changed shape well, a bit like wearing a brace on teeth....BUT....she had the enhancements off as she needed to have surgery and decided to just have natural nails as they now looked so nice then the nails eventually started to ski jump again as there were no enhancements to hold them in the new position....

I just find it unusual that they have changed after so long. I think she's been wearing enhancments for nearly 20 years. But hey, they look so much better & are getting easier to do each time.

It really isn't strange .... you'd change your shape if something held you in a certain position for a long time!:) The enhancement acts as a brace and cultivates a new shape ... remove the brace and it reverts back to the old shape (a far as the c curve goes).

The nail bed length does stay nice and long provided the client doesn't start to pick again at her nails or to use them in such a way as to abuse the free edge.

The natural nails are so protected under the product that they are sort of 'wrapped up in cotton wool' until one decides to expose them to the 'cold harsh world' of reality again when the enhancements are removed.

I find it very interesting to see it happening.I haven't had anyone with such a dramatic change before. I've seen alot of people whose nail beds have gotten longer over time but this one is a first. Hopefully they'll stay that way. She's never been a picker, but she does wear them quite long for her life style (she's very active & involved in State Emergency Services) so fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back