Changing from Bio Sculpture to Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oasis

Nail Mad
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm actually considering this but I'm really feeling the need to give up Biosculpture in favour of Brisa and Brisa lite.
I've been doing Bio for about two years and wanted to do it for about 3 years before that, just had to save the money to do it.
The problem is that most of my clients want Shellac and my Bio kit is getting old and dusty. I do a few but for the amount it costs to replace colours and stock I'm really not thinking it's worth it.
Also being a big user of Shellac, Vinylux and Minx, it makes more financial sense to have one supplier to keep delivery costs down. (Also would save me from mixing systems and have to use Scrubfresh with Bio because I don't want to spend £7 postage for 1 bottle of Duel Cleanse)
Just feeling gutted to give it up as I really wanted it to work, but in business I guess head has to rule heart and I'm also thinking I could love Brisa as much.
I don't think I would need further training for Brisa. I'm Bio trained in both overlays and sculpting as well as L&P trained in both.
Has anyone else had this problem? If so, did you make the change and was it worth it?
Thank you.
xx

I understand where your coming from ....i was going to give bio up too but all of a sudden had lots of new clients wanting it...i do shellac and brisa aswell...i do brisa lite for extensions and love it and also love shellac .....my problem was how much id spent on training with bio, how much on my kit and the fact that not many others near me offer it

Add brisa alongside bio and you will need training to use it plus its completely different to use than bio anyway

I hope others reply to this thread because I'm a student considering going to Brisa vs. Bio after I graduate. I really wanted to do Bio for its reputation, but the kit is SO expensive (almost 1/3 cost of my nail school?!) and the cost of color...my goodness. I feel CND has a great reputation and wouldnt put out a substandard product so Brisa seems like the way to go for the better price point.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would not give up bio but thats me, my salon and my clients. Bio is different to brisa and even brisa lite. Bio can be tailored to your clients individual needs and nail types. Shellac is lovely but does not suit everyone even with the brisa lite underneath. Brisa is a hard gel so another different system again. My client base is big and that's because I believe one system doesn't suit all and I offer all the systems mentioned plus l&p. My clients love the fact that I invest in my business. I suppose it depends on what's popular in your part of the country but for me bio is definitely more popular than brisa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Can you elaborate as to how Bio can be tailored to individual needs? What does that mean? How would you describe that it is different/more beneficial than Brisa/Brisa Lite?

I would not give up bio but thats me, my salon and my clients. Bio is different to brisa and even brisa lite. Bio can be tailored to your clients individual needs and nail types. Shellac is lovely but does not suit everyone even with the brisa lite underneath. Brisa is a hard gel so another different system again. My client base is big and that's because I believe one system doesn't suit all and I offer all the systems mentioned plus l&p. My clients love the fact that I invest in my business. I suppose it depends on what's popular in your part of the country but for me bio is definitely more popular than brisa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hi
I use both in my salon, bio is so popular and I still find it stronger than brisa lite, but as previously stated shellac is v sought after but I find not all nails type or life style suit shellac with brisa lite. Hth x x

With bio you have a base gel ( clear). Followed by 2 colour then you have a choice of 3 gels as final layer. Soft, med or hard dependent on your clients nail type. Additionally some choose to use sculpting gel as a base to aid flexibility. Brisa lite comes in smoothing or sculpting. The latter is for sculptures or v heavy handed clients. However with both as good as they are neither are as flexible as bio sculpture. Lots of my clients need the flexibility. That said shellac is a fantastic product for use with the right clients (ie good nails).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back