Changing from L&P to natural nails problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
I have a long standing L&P client who has decided to move away from acrylics and have regular natural nail manicures instead. She has always maintained her nails well and is addicted to using her Solar Oil :). A week ago I soaked off the acrylic and was very pleased with the condition of her natural nails, as was she.

We decided to apply a layer of BL Smoothing for some added strength prior to polishing. Her nails looked beautiful and she said they felt good, not weak as she expected.

I have seen her tonight, (not for nail appt) just a week later, and the BL and polish has chipped badly on the majority of her nails. I've used BL Smoothing very successfully on other clients and myself, but never after acrylic removal - is there any reason that this could have affected the product adhering properly?

I am now wondering what would be the next best move for her, I considered Brisa gel but then the whole point is that she wants to move away from enhancements. Would it be worth persevering with BL Smoothing or does anyone have any alternative ideas?

I have a long standing L&P client who has decided to move away from acrylics and have regular natural nail manicures instead. She has always maintained her nails well and is addicted to using her Solar Oil :). A week ago I soaked off the acrylic and was very pleased with the condition of her natural nails, as was she.

We decided to apply a layer of BL Smoothing for some added strength prior to polishing. Her nails looked beautiful and she said they felt good, not weak as she expected.

I have seen her tonight, (not for nail appt) just a week later, and the BL and polish has chipped badly on the majority of her nails. I've used BL Smoothing very successfully on other clients and myself, but never after acrylic removal - is there any reason that this could have affected the product adhering properly?

I am now wondering what would be the next best move for her, I considered Brisa gel but then the whole point is that she wants to move away from enhancements. Would it be worth persevering with BL Smoothing or does anyone have any alternative ideas?

Yes persevere. And tell the client that Sometimes after enhancements it takes awhile for clients not to be too tough with their nails. They are used to L&P !! and they are used to doing things that one should never do with natural nails. She has chipped them, not you. Make her take responsibility. Things like this happen often with ex-enhancement clients. They have to learn.

Thanks Gigi I know I have absolute faith in BL Smoothing because I've had no problems with it at all to date. I had hoped the added strength it would give would help with transition for her between acrylics and going natural but guess the same 'be careful' rules apply :)
Will remind her to take a little more care when I see her at her next appointment.

Thanks Gigi I know I have absolute faith in BL Smoothing because I've had no problems with it at all to date. I had hoped the added strength it would give would help with transition for her between acrylics and going natural but guess the same 'be careful' rules apply :)
Will remind her to take a little more care when I see her at her next appointment.

I think that's it! Transitioning isn't easy when one has been wearing enhancements for years. It's like changing from iron to aluminium foil. The client needs to be more careful until she gets used to having her own nails again. Maybe go a little shorter until she adapts.

Latest posts

Back