Changing gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raya

Reaction score
Hi,
ive been using gelish for about a year and think the product is very good however, i do not like the step of having to take off sticky layer on base coat, i decided i was going to give shellac a go as have heard very good things, (your opinions) until i was ready to order and was told cannot use led lamp on them i was really disappointed, i am now wondering where to go from here would like to give another company a try, i do have a a norml uv lamp and affordability wise shellac are cheaper than gelish, in a quandry any advicexxxxxxx

You don't always have to wipe the sticky base coat. I only do this with certain colours x

really what shades not too worry do you thinkx

I never wipe it. I tried, but as I use a few systems I was constantly forgetting, it did not affected gelish in any way, so I stopped.

I also never wipe the foundation layer. It takes more time and doesn't make any difference in my opinion.

Have you thought about young nails!

I'm just about to order some of their gel polishes. I love gelish too but some of the colours young nails have are beautiful and gelish dont do them. X

I don't dry brush the foundation layer of gelish either, mainly cos I always forget, it doesn't affect how long they last xxx

Thanks girls gaud now i know that i feek better about it, think im going to buy some shellac also to run alongside gelish they do the mini bottles which i wish gelish do, heard they were going to be selling them soon, they do it in america, i do alot of varied stuff as do beauty therapy too so mini's and having more colours be better on affordability think they b as good as each other. thanks for your repliesxxxxxxx

Hi Shellac users, am going to be purchasing some colours, have got some weddings coming up can anyone suggest best pink and white and also some popular colours thanking youxxxxx

theres a great thread on here somewhere about the most popular shellac colours and a list of colours to get from each category when starting out ie the best french colours, the best red etc

have a search x

I don't dry brush or wipe the foundation layer - managed to do it about twice when first started using Gelish, then kept forgetting as don't do it with Bio. I don't think it makes any difference - my nails stay on for 3 weeks (longer if I could bear the regrowth).

Jo xx

Hi ladies,
We only advise to dry brush your foundation layer once cured as this helps to prevent shrinkage of some colours, ( where the colour pulls back from the free edge or sidewalls before curing )
It is not really an essential part of the treatment where longevity is concerned, it just provides a nicer looking finish .
Hope this helps :0)

Latest posts

Back