Changing of the guards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
At the heart of any community is the moderation team working quietly in the background to keep SalonGeek.com running like a well oiled machine. It is this team of volunteers that ensure SalonGeek.com is the worlds largest and greatest community of salon professionals.

The team accomplish this feat by keeping most of the drama (and spam) off the forums while promoting peace, tranquility and encouraging an engaging and positive community.

The original goals when forming the mod team was to have a set "term" in which to serve so that the role always kept fresh and never evolved into a "job". A role that once served, the mod would be able to return into the wild again to participate without having to spend their time managing the site.

The problem is that they are all so freaking awesome that I have had a really hard time getting to the point where I needed to let them go back!

Many of our mods have been with us from the very start and even our most "junior" member has been a mod for several years. With those long years of service in mind and in awe and appreciation for their dedication, I have taken the really tough decision to release them all on good behavior. This will let them get back to enjoying the site without having to spend their time managing it.

My admins Fiona and Sandi are stuck with me but Ange, Samantha, Gigi and Ruth will be free to go once the new mod team is formed and the torches all passed.

That means that we are now accepting applications for new moderators!

If you are fair, balanced and would love to give back to your community by helping to keep it a drama and spam free zone, simply start a thread in My Forum nominating yourself (or someone else!) or post a thread if you have any questions about what moderating duties entail. Remember that only you and the team can see any threads in the My Forum.

Once we have enough quality nominations we will then shortlist and assemble ModTeam 2.0 and formally announce to the community your new guardians of the geek commandments.

In the interim, please join me in thanking the team for their tireless contributions that have made SalonGeek.com the worlds largest community of Salon Professionals. A place of learning, laughing and sharing. Simply wouldn't have been the same without all they have done for us!

Well done to all the mods who will be moving on and becoming 'free' again, you've done a great job.

Whoever takes over, hope you have a fun time giving back to this wonderfull community. :Love:

Just to add to what Sam has eloquently (as always) said.

Length of service is not a qualification - meaning that someone who may have only joined recently could make a fabulous moderator. Dont rule yourself out if you fancy having a go!

I would personally like to thank the Mods for their untiring work over the years. It can't have been easy! Thank you all! :green:

have nominated.....have you?

Gosh what a huge responsibility. I would also like to say a huge thank you to the team who keep this forum as professional as they possibly can whilst having to deal with so many complex characters. I shall definitely nominate once I have slept on it. Ooh It's like the Oscars

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Wow well what to say, they have all been amazing, all are amazing. Thanks so much ladies for having been so Fab as mods, now we still get to enjoy your company in 'civvy street' xxx

I would personally like to thank the Mods for their untiring work over the years. It can't have been easy! Thank you all! :green:

Wow well what to say, they have all been amazing, all are amazing. Thanks so much ladies for having been so Fab as mods, now we still get to enjoy your company in 'civvy street' xxx

DITTO! They're a fab team and awesome people.
We owe much to them.
:hug:

Thank you Samuel and geeks for those kind words. The last 7 years as a Mod have been brilliant. I can honestly say I have loved every minute of it. I have been part of a brilliant team, Sam, Samantha, Gigi, Sandi, Fiona and Angie you guys have made it the best experience ever. I have had an amazing time and feel very privileged to have been part off it all.

Absolutely ditto to what Fiona has said, Don't rule yourself out!!!

in the mean time, thank you all and happy geeking xxxx

Thank you mods! always there to help & shut down the nonsense hehe x

ThanK you to all the mods, & on a personal note massive thanks to Fiona, for all your Geekbay help - we have ironed out any problems & now (fingers crossed) is running smoothly x:hug:x

Thanks to the mods :Love:

Wow what a change....so glad Fiona and Sandi are still hanging around as admins!!

Well done and thanks to Ruth, Samantha, Angie and Gigi what a team you have been
:hug: thats a group :hug: by the way !!

Thanks to The Geek, The Mods and The Admins - you guys are all amazing, have given so much of your time, do fabulous work and it is certainly appreciated! Thank you!!! :hug:

I know who I am going to nominate and hope they have the time and dedication to continue the great work!

Well thank you all for lovely words of thanks. I can honestly say that I should really thank Ruth, Ange, Gigi and Fee and Sandi as they really are the ones who have DONE things. In my prestigious moderator career, I have banned one person (which I thoroughly enjoyed) but have spent the rest of the time on occasion closing threads or editing spell errors.

My input has not been the same as the others due to everything else I do, but I have enjoyed being a part of it... I shall miss being able to 'manage' posts but other than that I shall live :cry::Grope:

I hope that whoever is chosen to carry the torch does so with fairness and non bias which has been the underlying current of what Salon Geek is all about. It is an honour to be chosen and a role that one should not take lightly. Make us proud newbies and remember... the Geek is ALWAYS watching!! :hug:

An often thankless job so thanks to everyone for providing an invaluable resource for me and my business xx

Without moderation it could not be the professional amazing site it is xx

Samantha, can I take over your spell checking duties?! I can't be trusted to look after anything else, but I looooove spell checking lol. ;)

If you miss 'managing posts' you can always log in as GMG and cause some havock in his good name ;)

Thanks to the mods for looking after things while we all happily geek away, unaware of the mess they are no doubt cleaning up behind us all. :green:

Thanks to all the mods for your hard work !

There are a few people I will nominate and I think fair and balanced applies to all of them :green:

I am in total agreement with every post on this thread. The mod team are amazing and it is sometimes a thankless 'job', but someone has to keep us degenerates in check ;) So a great big Thank You to all the mods who are stepping down and those who will be putting up with us a little longer :)

I know who I shall be nominating, I hope they want to be a mod though, lol! xx

To Samantha, Gigi, Ruth and Ange, a hearty thanks for all that you've done in making sure that everyone and everything is in check and for keeping the site running smoothly.

And to Sandi and Fiona of course, for continuing to do a fantastic job.

:hug:'s all round xx

Latest posts

Back