Charge for replacement nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty By Laura

Reaction score
Hi
I did a new clients acrylic nails last fri, and today she has messaged me to say one has fallen off, and when am I available to replace it. Would you charge her for the replacement nail, or do it free? xx

Definatly charge!

Definatly charge!
That's what I thought - it's not as though I did them yesterday and one has dropped off, it has been a week, but I'm not sure what to do?! xx

charge her and make sure you go through the aftercare again with her. nails do not simply 'fall' off.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

you should text her and say oh dear, ok i can fit you in on xx and i charge £xx per nail for repair. simples x

Thank you all. Just a bit unsure as I haven't been doing it that long, and wasn't sure whether it was my fault! :( xx

If it was something you did to cause her nail to 'fall off' would she have not lost the other 9 too?
My repairs are 10% of my service list per nail.

I'm a mobile nail tech and charge for repairs, however, I have a minimum spend of £20 normally, yet don't really feel I can charge £20 for a repair!!

So, what do you guys do that are mobile, do you just do the repair at your normal cost or do you get the client to come to your home. Its okay if the client only lives down the road, but some of my clients can be a 20 mile return trip. Thankfully I don't have that many repairs to do.

I'm a mobile nail tech and charge for repairs, however, I have a minimum spend of £20 normally, yet don't really feel I can charge £20 for a repair!!

So, what do you guys do that are mobile, do you just do the repair at your normal cost or do you get the client to come to your home. Its okay if the client only lives down the road, but some of my clients can be a 20 mile return trip. Thankfully I don't have that many repairs to do.

I must admit for things like this where i'm not even going to cover my expenses i try to 'encourage' clients to come to my home. However, its not always possible so i just have to take the hit sometimes - its a pain but its part of the job i suppose :irked:. I always take the opportunity to promote other treatments though so I can at least try to make some money :)

Latest posts

Back