charging for airbrush nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grace

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been doing airbrushed nails for a while and it seems very very popular however it was going fine with the charging until I hit a problem of late. I generaly charge £3.00 and colour, thinking most only have 2 colours good enough and no one has complained.

The problem i have is when creating a tiger stripe design like this one
detail

I have used 5 colours so that design would cost £15.00 I think this is a bit too much realy, it would end up costsing my clients £30 just to have a rebalance and a design, they are not rich people. So what would others ideas be on this.

How do you go about charging on this sort of thing?

Help help.
Grace x

Personally I charge £5.00 for one colour then £1.00 for each additional colour - so looking at your design (pink, blue, green, yellow, orange and black - I think) I would charge £10.00.

I think this is very in expensive when you consider the skill and time involved but this is competative in my area. Also in my experience (don't take offence please I love your design) most of my customers would not choose to have a design like this, they tend to go for two or three colours max(boring - in my opinion).

Hope this helps

Remember not to undervalue your skills, but bear in mind the competition in your area.

Happy airbrushing!!!!!

hi
how i charge for nail art... the products are minimal cost so i dont add that
i just work out how long it takes me to do the design and divide by my hourly rate
so if my hourly rate is £30 and the design takes me 10 mins i charge £5
i add more for rhinestones etc...
it works for me!
janis xx

grace said:
Hi,
I have been doing airbrushed nails for a while and it seems very very popular however it was going fine with the charging until I hit a problem of late. I generaly charge £3.00 and colour, thinking most only have 2 colours good enough and no one has complained.

detail

I have used 5 colours so that design would cost £15.00 I think this is a bit too much realy, it would end up costsing my clients £30 just to have a rebalance and a design, they are not rich people. So what would others ideas be on this.

Help help.
Grace x

I WANT RAINBOW TIGERS!!! I just love those nails - charge me what u like I wouldn't care.

Shaza :green:

Grace - I can't help at all with charging as I wouldn't have a clue - but I wanted to say the Rainbow Tiger's are fantastic

And I really like the Chess Board too :green:

I have absolutley no artistic talent and envy those who do :green: :green:

grace said:
Hi,

detail

Help help.
Grace x
Hi Grace,

I normally charge £6 for up to 2 colours and then £1 for each extra colour. So if you've used 5 colours then it would be £9. But then if I do a difficult pattern or 1 that takes longer I might charge £1 or £2 extra, time is money (so they say). But only you know what your customers are like, and the competition in the area. Then again if your customers are happy with you (which I am sure they are), competiton should'nt even come into question.

I hope I've been a little help.

Aylin

HI

we charge by time to as mentioned before plus any extras like gems.

the tiger design is beautiful! makes me want to get acrylics wahhh lol

i been debating on just keeping my long nails and putting a layer of acrylic but i dunno

anyway. i dont have a studio or am even certified, but for me i think it makes more sense to charge by time. paint is realitively cheap. then of course to add dangling thingies and rhinestones would be extra.

Kristin

hey thanks for the replies, really helped, I think i am going to charge my normal £3.00 per colour for the first two colours and then an extra £1 per colour after that mind you i might charge £5.00 for two colours and then a £1. for every extra colour, ooow I am so indesisive and I can't spell LOL.

Kristin, I thought you may be interested in knowing that you don't have to have acrylics to have the airbrush designs, most of the designs in my album are done on my best buddie, they are her own natural nails, I just pop a thin layer of gel over them and then spray spray spray and her designs can last up to 3 weeks a time. Or alternativly for her daughter I pop a thin coat of the faze 2 over her natural nails then spray. Hope this helps, so go on keep your lovely natural nails and still get them designed.

Anyone who wants to pop down to Poole in dorset to get there nails airbrushed is welcome, it is just my fav, I love it I could spray all day, so easy and you realy do not need any artisitc talent, just colours and your gun, then play. It is great.

Thanks every one
Grace x

I dont charge per colour I charge per design, A full one color is €5.50 Two colour blend is €8.00 and everything else ranges from €10.00. The only problem with this is you have to display all the designs that you do which can take some time building up. Although you probably work from stg your prices would differ

Unfortunately i cannot help on £££££ for airbrushing but would like to say that you can come and airbrush my nails ANYTIME - looked at your designs and thought they were fantastic!!!!

Just bear in mind that if you best buddy can never make it i would be happy too!!!! (your probably tell me now you live in the USA when i am in sunny UK!!-LOL)

Hi Grace,

Couldn't help but peek at the other piccys too - They are EXCELLENT!!!!
Sounds like you could be selling yourself short though just charging £3 for 2 colours judging from other replies.

I like to play with bits of nail art but so only used the pens on myself so far - my problem is I have absolutely NO IMAGINATION when it comes to thinking of designs! I can happily copy ones I've seen but it's not quite the same!

B

Grace sawasdee ka

The nails are beautifull i luv the rainbow tigers too much how long it take you to airbrush this nails .

And do you use tiger mask for the rainbow tiger nails .

Thank you mui from Thailand

hi Mui,
doesnt take long, havent really timed it, but no longer than any other design really, I just spray 5 different colours across the nails at an angle then use a tiger stencil and spray over the top. Then top coat and done. So easy peasy, I like easy things in life, easy and simple is my thing. Oh and fun I do fun as well like that.

Thanks for every ones kind words, it is a boost in my self confidence must admit, as I do wonder some days what i am doing in this trade, lol.

Grace x

grace said:
Anyone who wants to pop down to Poole in dorset to get there nails airbrushed is welcome, it is just my fav, I love it I could spray all day, so easy and you realy do not need any artisitc talent, just colours and your gun, then play. It is great.

Thanks every one
Grace x

Haven't told the kids yet but I can see where we are going on holiday this summer!! Hope you haven't put a time limit on this offer :lol:

Shaza

Ooh honey chile, me too, me too. Zero imagination. I've just decided not to sweat that I might copy a design or two (ohhh okay, or three) . . . oh well, get over it. :biggrin:

Bryony said:
I have absolutely NO IMAGINATION when it comes to thinking of designs! I can happily copy ones I've seen but it's not quite the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back