Charging for Nail Art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shazzar

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

How do I go about working out what to charge for nail art?

How do you all decide on what to charge? Do you charge per nail and if so, how much? Does it all depend on what you do? I.e. would you charge one price for say a rhinestone on one finger and a different price for maybe airbrushing/freehand on another?

Or, do you charge per design and let the amount of colours used etc, determine what the client has to pay?

I'm really rubbish at this. I currently only apply rhinestones and a couple of swirls here and there, freehand. Nothing fancy at all at the moment as I'm waiting to do my nail art course.

Question: If you were to use one rhinestone together with a small one colour design, what prices would you guys charge per nail?

I want to make sure I'm not losing money on the little bits that I'm doing at the moment. I currently charge 50p per nail for as I've listed above. Is this too much? Please tell me honestly, either way.

Thanks everybody and I look foward to reading your advice.

Sharon: i'll send you a PM with an idea of how i charge out nail art.

Carole would you possibly be able to email / PM that to me too?! I'm having problems with the charging for nail art as well. I've been doing 20p per rhinestone and between 50p and £1.50 a nail for art depending on what it is.
I'm having a nightmare trying to sort out pricing.

Thank yooo!!
Sam X

i work mine out by how long each design takes.
usually £5 for every 15 minutes

Hi Carole

I'm a newly qualified mobile nail tech. Can you help me too with the pricing for nail art and also which is the best way to include petrol? Do I state petrol price separately on my price list or include it in the prices?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanksssss :|

Michelle x

hi

i include petrol etc within my prices i dont think clients would want to pay a seperate fee unless they wanted you to travel some distance. Maybe say on your leaflets will travel within a 6 mile radius hth xx

lee8697.freeser said:
Hi Carole

I'm a newly qualified mobile nail tech. Can you help me too with the pricing for nail art and also which is the best way to include petrol? Do I state petrol price separately on my price list or include it in the prices?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanksssss :|

Michelle x
Carole, would like advice on the petrol side too, i have stated on my leaflets 'mobile call outs available but may be subject to additional charge' because primarily would like them to come to me, but my first client im doing tonight is quite a distance from me and in all the nervousness and excitement i didnt charge her any extra in petrol and now am a bit panicky in case it will be a regular thing of me travelling to her and i will not be making any money on it at all, its just about going to cover my petrol tonight! do i tell her when i get there and say that next time there will be an additional charge?

Kellyc said:
Carole, would like advice on the petrol side too, i have stated on my leaflets 'mobile call outs available but may be subject to additional charge' because primarily would like them to come to me, but my first client im doing tonight is quite a distance from me and in all the nervousness and excitement i didnt charge her any extra in petrol and now am a bit panicky in case it will be a regular thing of me travelling to her and i will not be making any money on it at all, its just about going to cover my petrol tonight! do i tell her when i get there and say that next time there will be an additional charge?
Hi Kells: that's a tricky one. I advertise as being a mobile nail technician so everything is factored into that price and i dont accept clients outside of a certain radius - how far is this client tonight? Did she have one of your leaflets that shows the bit about additional charge? Let me know the details by email and i'll respond to that! ;)

I personally tried to charge on the complexity of the design but most people I treat tend to go for something simple not too fussy..I charge £6.00 for polish so I tend to charge a minimum of £10 (covers tiger stripes, daisys etc) for any glitter work, foiling or rhinestones its a min of £12 and upwards...

hi how much for extra rhinestones i was thinking of 50 p is this over the top???

I charge on a basis of how many per nail if its one then 50 if its more than one then 30p per nail design

Latest posts

Back