Charging for repairs at rebalance appointments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hello lovely geeeks

Can you tell me what you all charge for repairs at infil/rebalance appointment.

Ie sculpting or tipping a lost nail.

Do you include any free?

....or do you charge for all single repairs on top? and if so how much.?

Just interested:green:

THanks peeps

amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I include 2 repairs with a rebalance any more than that and I charge £3 each repair.:hug:

Hello lovely geeeks

Can you tell me what you all charge for repairs at infil/rebalance appointment.

Ie sculpting or tipping a lost nail.

Do you include any free?

....or do you charge for all single repairs on top? and if so how much.?

Just interested:green:

THanks peeps

amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No freebies from me Amb, I give aftercare advice so the client knows how to look after their nails, I am not responsible for them once they have walked out the salon door. If they have a break, then I charge for the repair on top of the rebalance. They are paying for my time. I charge £8.50 for each repair.
David.x

I include 2 free and used to charge £3.50 for a single repair (full set price is £35.50)

I found some of my clients who broke one weren't coming back for a repair so wandering around with one missing between appointments, so I dropped my single repair price to £2.00.

I know mathematically it doesn't work out right, but when thinking about it, I wouldn't spend £3.50 on a single repair but I would spend a couple of quid, and easily justify it in my mind.

Hiya

No freebies.

Am reviewing my prices in the New Year but at present:

I charge £1 per overlay replaced, or £1.50 tip and overlay if natural

I charge £1.50 per French overlay, or £2.00 tip and overlay if French

To my mind, a regular rebalance is £20 (not French) so they are already paying the equivalent of £2.00 to have each nail maintained. Well if the nail needs replacing, there is no maintenance to do on it, therefore that £2.00 can go towards the cost of a new nail. Not sure how well I've explained that lol.

A better way of putting it would perhaps be to work out the cost like this: say for someone who needed 2 nails replaced.

Charge one-tenth of rebalance price x 8
Charge new nail price x 2

I know some techs charge a lot more that this though. I'll be watching these replies with interest :)

I include 2 repairs with a rebalance any more than that and I charge £3 each repair.:hug:

thanks!

So...do you charge £30 for a full set?

Thing is....since i put my prices up for infills (actually ever since i started) i never charge for repairs at rebalance time.

Most of the time - i have 'good clients' and its straight forward....sometimes i get one or possibly two that need replacing anyhow....HOWEVER i have a client who often looses more....say 3,4 or 5:irked:

So in my tiny brain im trying to work out what to charge....

say it was 5...is that 5 new nails (at my 1/2 set sculpt price £20)

and 5 nails at 1/2 my infil price....... £12.50

so total should be £32.50 not the £25

So really any repair sculpted should be 1/10th of the new set price it £4...if a new set is £40

so confusing !:cry:

ah !!!!!!!!!!!! i typed way too slow there

thanks so much for your input geeks me thinks i need to get TOUGH with the odd one/two clients !!

thanks

I used to include 2 free repairs/tips in my rebalance price but I don't do that anymore.

If a client has 2 nails that need replacing then I charge 8 nails at rebalance price and 2 nails at full set price.

ie rebalance 30.00, 3.00 per nail x 8 = 24.00
full set 40.00, 4.00 per nail x 2 = 8.00

hth's

I used to include 2 free repairs/tips in my rebalance price but I don't do that anymore.

If a client has 2 nails that need replacing then I charge 8 nails at rebalance price and 2 nails at full set price.

hth's

yep ! lovely thankyou

amb x

hth's

I like the sound of that! At the moment I do 2 repairs free and anymore are £3. May have to have a little rethink.

Good thread Amber, I include 2 free replacements (in my price list and leaflets) but Im too soft, I have never charged so far. Must get my business hat on and start to charge.

I do one free repair and charge £2 each for any others at a rebalance, but it dosnt work out cos i charge £35 for a full set

hth's

o0h lord how great does that sound ..... I'm dumb I've never thought of doing like that but it sounds sooo much simpler, and while it does cover our extra time and product for 'doing' a new nail the client won't feel they are paying twice .. like it I'll be doing some sums tomorrow to make sure it works out for me !!

amber like most of us I'm a sheep and have just done the same as 'up the road' re balance price (including 1 replacement) +3.50 for a replacement there after, I only have one too who always seems to need 3-4 I'm a mug and only ever charge for 2. xx

Good thread Amber, I include 2 free replacements (in my price list and leaflets) but Im too soft, I have never charged so far. Must get my business hat on and start to charge.

This is me... I state on my price list that I charge £3.50 per nail repair but two are included in a rebalance appointment.. but I don't believe I have ever charged extra say if a client has 3 or 4 nails missing.

I will never be business savvie ... sigh!

I always charge for repairs. If they break a nail i don,t feel that i have to put extra work in it without getting paid for that for something that i am not responsible for. i never had a customer making remarks about that either

We charge £3 repair.... I know they don't just fall off, no matter what story they come up with
'oh I was walking down the street and it just fell off'
......mmmm yeah right

Latest posts

Back