Charging for repairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIKKIP75

Reaction score
Hi ladies just wanted to know how many of you charge to do a nail repair? I've got myself in this rut where i don't charge and I'm now beginning to wish that I had!

It's my own fault I know and I should have started off as I meant to go on!

How much are you charging for a repair?

Thanks in advance x

Hi I charge for a repair but only if problem occurs in first three days after that its x amount for repair.
Hope this helps :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Thanks for that! Sorry if I wasn't clear. I mean if I go to a client to do a set of bio sculpture overlays or a shellac treatment and a customer has broken/split her nail do you charge then? I have been known to do 4 repairs on one customer but not charge her for it, do you think this is right?

I did two repairs tonight on two broken nails, one was a sculpt and one I used fibreglass, I didn't charge because she didn't ask me to repair them, she just expected me to cut them down. I was already removing and reapplying her gelish and wanted them to all look uniform. She offered to pay extra.

If they phone me for a repair on broken nails though, I charge them £2 per nail :) x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Hi ladies just wanted to know how many of you charge to do a nail repair? I've got myself in this rut where i don't charge and I'm now beginning to wish that I had!

It's my own fault I know and I should have started off as I meant to go on!

How much are you charging for a repair?

Thanks in advance x

I charge £5 for one nail and £3 for any additional ones. You should absolutely charge for repairs, it's your time and products. :Love:

I never used to charge for repairs, until I had a new client that would text me 2 or 3 times between appointments to repair her nails.
I then realised she was taking advantage of me, so the next time she came in I stated that all repairs would be $x from now on due to my time and product , strangely enough ever since she has not needed one repair!

I charge £3.00 per nail for emergency nail repairs. If they brake two at the same time I only charge £5.00.

I know exactly what you mean as I'm in the same boat as you! Not charging full price to 'friends' not charging for removal not charging for nail art/konad! I bloody wish I had now or I would be a lot better off!

I don't usually get a lot if repairs as I only mainly do shellac. But I did have one lady in today and decided £2.50 - I would defo charge more for an enhancement. But if it is within 5 days from treatment FOC xxx

I USED to include two repairs FOc within a maintenance appointment ( which is what I think you are asking )

Any more than two and they would get charged extra . For example . My maintenance charge was £25 with two free repairs included . If I had someone that had three nails needing replacing for example I would charge for the extra one on top of my £25 - I charged £1.50 extra per nail ( plus of course you are getting the £2.50 for this nail anyway ) So in this example the customer would be charged £26.50

Now I don't allow any free repairs in an appointment so if customer needed two new nails it would be £25 plus an extra £3 for the repairs - I have to say that this very rarely happens :)

If a customer broke a nail within the first 3 days then yes I may repair this FOC but after that I would charge pro rata my full set price so they would pay £4.20 for one nail repair outside of their normal appointment if it was past 3 days

x

I guarantee nails for a week. £3 per nail after that.

I do first repair free (new clients) to give them chance to get used to having nice new nails and remembering to look after them, then I charge £2 per nail for all further repairs
(I use gellux...full set £15) x

Same as Adele.. xx

I charge depending on the clients needs, I deduct the cost of a fill (per nail) then add the cost of a nail (according to 1/10 of a full set) per nail, these are simple sums that clients can understand IE: i didn't fill it, so I deduct it, but i did replace it, so I add on that cost ...... they can never argue when the maths add up

I just moved into a salon about 2 weeks now from a home based business. I have had a huge amount of walkins for broken nails. They all claim they can not get in tosee their nail tech and being that I am trying to build a stong base of customers... is it possible to run a buiness on fixes I did a huge amount this week ??? I love pedicures and feet .... the taboo I guess. I just purchased the Alomond Line by CND ooo ahhhhh very nice I am loving it!!!!

I hope that by doing fixes:wink2: they may become a reg client?

Latest posts

Back