Charging for Services???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesley-Anne

Reaction score
:D

Hello girls and guys....this is such a fab place to learn all about nails....I am very new to this industry, and I am lika a sponge trying to soak up all this info.....

I have trained at the CND Acadamy in London, I would like to know how long after training did you guys start to charge for your services...as you can imagine, product is very expensive and my credit card is up to its limit!!!!!

Let me know your thoughts

Lesley-Anne

Lesley-Anne said:
:D

I have trained at the CND Acadamy in London, I would like to know how long after training did you guys start to charge for your services...as you can imagine, product is very expensive and my credit card is up to its limit!!!!!

Let me know your thoughts

Lesley-Anne

Hi Lesley-Anne,

I did my first sets of nails for money after my first 3 days of doing my Creative Foundation course. My nail trainer refused to pay LOL. I charged £10 to do a couple of hairdressers in the local hair salon.

After doing my rebalance day, I then started advertising and doing full sets for £18 with a view to putting my price up eventually to £25 once I felt my standard was as good as the local salons were producing.

At then end of the day I only did one set at £18 as I saw some of the nails coming out of the local salons at a cost of between £25-£30. That has been my philosophy ever since - compete on quality not price.

:D Thanks for that.....it makes me feel much better knowing I am not alone in what I think......i have done around thirty sets on forever french/L&P.....My hubby thinks I should start charging my pals as they may get used to paying nothing. Also my technique is so much better and I feel really proud of the end results no, so much so that I can now put a full set on my own nails and they dont look bad (aprt from the odd dodgy right hand nail).

P.S.

Does everybody try to continue doing white and pink overlays? or do you use french tips?

Lesley-Anne

Its best to do pink and white from the offset as using white tips will grow out and you`ll have to do an infill over it.
I`m not getting the hang of smile lines yet so I use a white tip then use white acrylic over the top so I have a guide until I can do them confidently.

Lesley-Anne said:
:D Does everybody try to continue doing white and pink overlays? or do you use french tips? Lesley-Anne

Hi Lesley-Anne - welcome to Nail Geek Heaven!! Always do pink & white!! You'll become brilliant in no time and to be a true nail artist, pink & whites are a must - it's like being a text book surgeon but not knowing how to hands-on operate :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (did that make sense) :?: :?: Of course you will have occasions when it just isn't necessary but truly... learn the art - you'll be forever greatful that you took the time!! As Debbie says, you can follow the smile :) of the white tip; you can also use the tips ends that you clip off - save them, using a biro draw smiles on the tips and practise!! Hope this helped!! ;)

Where I live there are about 8 technicians working in 2 or 3 towns.

The nail technician who keeps getting all the other's clients is the one doing pink and white - always without exception.

If the client does not want Perfect colour white, she does Perfect colour Soft White instead.
EVERYONE gets pink and white.

People see this technician's nails about town and wonder why their nails do not look as good ... Why? ... because their technician only does pink over a tip or clear over a tip or French tips that grow out and then look ugly because the technician cannot keep the look going.

Learn to do pink and white and then always do them. There are lots of choices of different 'whites' to satisfy everyones taste. Make your mark and be different to the rest that, in my opinion, 'cop out' and take the easy road.

Our job as nail technicians is to enhance and to beautify - using pink and white gives you this option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back