Charging for Shellac removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerise

Reaction score
i dont charge for removal of shellac when my client comes to have it re applied because i would rather me remove it than them pealing it off and i think its an incentive for them to come back. do you think i should be charging or does anyone else do free removals when re applying? :)

The train of thought is that removal should already be built into what you're charging for application.

I would say the same. Shellac removal is built in with the price of the application, as it literally takes minutes to soak off.
HTH.

If you are charging just enough to cover application, increase your price a bit for removal to cover product cost as well as your time.

We charge $10 for removal at our salon. Our clients are removing their Shellac on their own because they don't want to pay it. We are losing money.

I recommended, as did our CND Educator/Ambassador, that we increase our application charge by $5-$7 and NOT CHARGE a separate removal fee. The $5-$7 increase would more than cover our product cost. It would also prevent our clients from damaging their own nails from improper removal.

More importantly, it would prevent these clients from bad-mouthing Shellac for having ruined their nails because of the damage these clients were doing from their own improper removal.

If you are charging just enough to cover application, increase your price a bit for removal to cover product cost as well as your time.

We charge $10 for removal at our salon. Our clients are removing their Shellac on their own because they don't want to pay it. We are losing money.

I recommended, as did our CND Educator/Ambassador, that we increase our application charge by $5-$7 and NOT CHARGE a separate removal fee. The $5-$7 increase would more than cover our product cost. It would also prevent our clients from damaging their own nails from improper removal.

More importantly, it would prevent these clients from bad-mouthing Shellac for having ruined their nails because of the damage these clients were doing from their own improper removal.

I totally agree I offer free removal with any type of mani/pedi booked in and yes my 'removal charge' is build into the over all cost so clients dont feel cheated however if a client just wants it removed without an additonal treatment then I charge £10 :)

Right. A stand alone removal should be a completely separate charge.

thank you for all your replies, i just needed a little reasurrance really :) it also gives me an opportunity to keep an eye on how long they are lasting. i feel like i am charging enough maybe i need to promote free removal more. thank you xx

i feel like i am charging enough maybe i need to promote free removal more. thank you xx

Well, they'll think it's free. :wink2:

Latest posts

Back