Charging for toner between appointments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olive293

Reaction score
Hi all...
2 weeks ago I did the colour below...
I saw the lady today and noticed the ends need toning again. I told her this, and her response was 'that's complimentary right as I've been using the shampoo for coloured hair you told me to?'
The ends were so porous so I'm not surprised, but I feel if I isn't have said anything she wouldn't have even thought anything and would have been happy until her next appointment. So she's coming next week for me to put some colour touch through it. Do I charge??
image.jpeg

I would goodwill it this time.

Say that although she's using the shampoo she's likely to be using heated appliances, exposing her hair to environmental damage which all causes fading of colours.

And because her hair wasn't in the best shape to begin, it will probably need regular toning, which in the future will be charged at X amount.

I have blonde hair that goes quite brassy even with use of purple shampoo etc and sometimes it just needs a professional strength toner but I would never expect to get it for free. Am i right in saying it can be down to hard water? If so, this is not the hairdressers fault and if she wants to keep it maintained then she should be willing to pay!

Clients need to know it's not just about using colour save shampoos and conditioners. Also using heat protectants, lessen exposure to the sun.

Yes you must charge and tell her now not just before appointment otherwise you would have to do this for every client. You would be opening a can of worms! Stand by what you believe! You know you are right

Latest posts

Back