Charging hourly for mobile hairdressing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoxxiieHair

Reaction score
Hello
I'm hoping to start my hairdressing mobile,
I have a price list but wanted opinions on charging by the hour for colour work?

I've have only be qualified a couple of years. And don't want to under charge for my services, and end up out of pocket.

Any advice is appreciated
Thanks

Harii

Hmm I am not sure that is a good idea, in my area which hosts quite affluent clientele. They strictly use mobile because its cheaper and they would rather spend their money on other things & convenience of not having to sit in a salon for hours and travel.

I think the beauty of mobile hairdressing is an up sell of it being cheaper and a set price list.

If you was to do hourly, I would say build a clientele up first before you was to go into that.

I agree that charging clients by the hour probably isn’t the best way to approach this. I suspect that some clients will simply assume that you’re being deliberately slow. :eek:

However, when working out your prices, you need to look at the cost per service.
Also take into account the cost of additional car running costs inc. insurance, fuel etc. (You needs to ensure your car is insured for mobile working not just travel to work.) Decide roughly what you want your hourly rate to be and then add up your product prices, travel costs, percentage of insurances etc.

I disagree that mobile prices should automatically be cheaper than a salon because the benefits of mobile is that clients receive your full 1:1 attention. You’re not stopping to answer the phone, deal with other staff or getting a junior to shampoo them! You’re also visiting them at a time convenient to them. They don’t have to drive and pay to park their car. They don’t have to get dressed up. If you’re doing a colour, they can potter about at home, eat a sandwich, load the dishwasher etc. whilst it’s developing.

There’s an article about this in creative head magazine I personally think it might be better for the industry to do this.
11c87e907dc8807b791b34afabbf6b46.jpg

Latest posts

Back