Charging your own mom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you charge your mom

• Total voters
I'm same as happy feet really, more or less charge cost to mum and sister as if I didn't charge they would not get them done.
I don't feel bad as my sister is loaded and I'm not!
My mum I always do a tint or something to so I no she has had a good pamper.
If she wanted her nails done and didn't have the money fine!
Not bothered either way it's her that insists x

Same as me, my family don't want me to treat them differently, they only pay cost price, i know she wouldn't ask me to do it if I said no to taking the money xxx

My Mum always gives me a £20 tip, lol. I dare not refuse it!!

No my mum doesn't charge me for cleaning and uses her own products, ironing or babysitting so a bit mean if I charged her for treatments!

If my mum wanted her nails done then yes I would charge, she has nothing to do with my beauty business, has zero interest in it and was happy to take everything she could whilst I was practicing, I stopped doing them for free after a while, I personally couldn't afford it. She's never offered a penny to me, and since I said I couldn't do them for free, but would happily do them for £5 she suddenly went back to using normal polish? , yes I may live under her roof, but I pay rent for living here. Why should I give her it free when she has done nothing to support me in it?
I give her a spray tan & shellac manicure for her birthday/christmas presents that's all.
You don't know people's personal circumstances so please don't judge. :)

My Mom is the only person I don't charge. Dread too think how much she's spent raising me (plus countless sleepless nights and stress!) - its the very least I can do to give her a free set of nails when she wants. She offers to pay n I tell her to bore off lol ;-)

I didn't charge last time I did them but I was given a bottle of wine! ;)

No way would I ever accept anything from my Ma for treatments. She does a hell of a lot for me! She deserves to be pampered!!! x

It would never ever cross my mind to charge my mum. With all the s..t I put her through as a teenager, I'm just grateful she didn't disown me lol

She was and still is my rock in life and I try each day to teach my children and give them the same values she tried to give me and for that reason alone she can have as many treatments she likes, whenever she likes.

I will never charge my Mum, ever. I was a difficult teenager at times (aren't we all!) and you don't realise how much a mum does until you move out on your own. She has done and still does so much for me. She paid for my college tuition to get my diploma, she helped set me up when I started working from home and she helped me buy an established salon earlier this year when the opportunity came up. So she will never pay for anything!

I dont charge my mum or mother in law, as they both do lots for me, my hubby and son. They insist on paying, but i tell them firmly that'll i'll be offended if they give me any money......that way it saves all that 'no, take it' 'no i dont want it' 'go on take it'....which ends with one of you shoving the money at the other person after about 5 minutes to-ing and fro-ing lol. I do charge my sisters and friends tho.

Not a chance i'd charge her .... ok we have regular moments where we're at each others throats arguing, but i dread to think how much money she spent on me when i was growing up !!

Therefore a set of nails every couple of weeks which doesn't cost me much at all is nothing in my book. Plus it's a good way to practice new designs & ideas on her !!

Don't shoot me... yep I charge my mum! I tried not to at first, but she says (and quite right too) that I'm running a business and she WANTS to pay me. So now she pays unless I'm blagging her to try something new :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

For the most part no. She does my salon laundry and I do her fingers and toes and whatever else but it needs to be out of salon hours. If she wants a treatment when I have to turn other people away she can cover the costs.

No way. Everything my mum has done to help me over the years to charge her would just be wrong.

hard to answer this one...as my mum owns a business and has a petrol card so when I do her nails she just let me use the petrol card which comes out of the company not her own pocket lol so I suppose she pays me in petrol :) but if she didn't have the card I don't know what we would do as I would feel bad taking her money

My Mum sadly passed away 11 years ago, but if she were here there would be no way I would ever have charged her.

She would have loved the treatments I can now do and it would have been my pleasure to have done these for her.

In my opinion think about what she has done for you throughout your life and cherish the time you have together, pamper her and make her feel special. xx

Never ever ever ever would I charge my mum. She has done everything for me and still does a lot even though I'm 22. I wouldn't even charge cost price. Think of all the money she has spent on me my whole life added up! I couldn't even begin to repay her!

Never, would never dream of it my mum looks after my little princess of 2 while I'm working and has done since i went back to work and my baby was 9 months old. I absolutely love treating my mum, If I've worked all day my mum says 'oh sort my nails out next week you've been doing it all day', no chance mother your being pampered .... Even if I have been working all day.
My mum being charged, never thought about it, would never consider it! Xx

Nope never charge my mum.. She took years of being a gobby teenager. Me wrecking her hair when i was training... She deserves it. She pays for the colours but thats it ! x

Yep... I charge all my family and all my friends.

From the very beginning I made a promise to myself I wouldnt allow friends/family to think because I have a shop they can have what they like done for nothing, at the end of the day I still have overheads to pay etc, and its not fair on my paying customers some of which are very loyal and regular!

Now this is not to say that I let the occasional eyebrow shape slide, or lip wax, or sandwich/cake but this is on my terms and isnt expected either so they do appreciate it when I say there is no charge.

Call me mean, call me horrible but my prices are reasonable and my friends and family know that they would be paying nearly double if they went elsewhere in the area

Latest posts

Back