charity bags ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did ring them and they confirmed that no collections where being done until weds....so basically my charity bag was nicked !!!...it had only been out there for about an hour.

I don't know why i am so shocked that this could happen really...some people have the morals of a sewer rat !!

probably see those clothes i donated on ebay by tomorrow

I'm taking mine direct to the charity shop from now on:irked::irked::irked:

I did ring them and they confirmed that no collections where being done until weds....so basically my charity bag was nicked !!!...it had only been out there for about an hour.

I don't know why i am so shocked that this could happen really...some people have the morals of a sewer rat !!

probably see those clothes i donated on ebay by tomorrow

as we speak i am trying to sqeeze my ass into a pair of size 8 jeans with bling on......shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell her it was me lmao

as we speak i am trying to sqeeze my ass into a pair of size 8 jeans with bling on......shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell her it was me lmao

ROFLMAO...so I can fit into a size 8 too... :LOL:

ROFL....:lol: i meant to keep those...give em back !!!....:lol:

Dunno about taking the bags to the shop either. I took a bag to OXFAM in Guildford a few weeks back....and the woman behind the counter looked down her very snooty nose and said in a very snooty voice

"Oh, I do hope thats not just jumble...":eek:

So I poinrted out in my best snooty voice (I do it so well!) that there were several good leather jackets, a couple of pairs of designer jeans and suits (yep - the size 8 ones that i can't squeeze my post baby butt into either!) and various other pretty expensive bits that I'm never going to be small enough for again.

So thats what I get for 'doing my bit' and not flogging it on ebay!

Dunno about taking the bags to the shop either. I took a bag to OXFAM in Guildford a few weeks back....and the woman behind the counter looked down her very snooty nose and said in a very snooty voice

So I poinrted out in my best snooty voice (I do it so well!) that there were several good leather jackets, a couple of pairs of designer jeans and suits (yep - the size 8 ones that i can't squeeze my post baby butt into either!) and various other pretty expensive bits that I'm never going to be small enough for again.

well if thats your jumble and your a size 8 i know just where you should send it...TO ME :) xx

Weve had alot of this down our way aswell lately. Nobody would want my castoffs!! lol!!
I take mine to Barnardos as they are always grateful for anything, especially kiddies stuff which I have in abundance!

Also at this time of year the staff keep all the good clothes and toys back and wrap them to give to kids in the area that are homeless etc, so that makes me feel good!

Also another good place to give stuff to is womens refuges if there are any round by you, as apparently if a woman decides that the time is right for her to leave a situation, they rarely take any belongings with them!

xxxxxx

That's Guildford for you!:lol: Well, Surrey in general really.

This has happened to me too.

Granted, the clothes I gave them weren't designer, but they were clean and ironed and could still be worn.

As a lot of the clothes and shoes apparently end up in Africa, there would be quite a few people there that would see my second hand clothes as pure luxury, so it really got up my nose that this woman was being snotty with me.

It does tick you off when you think you are doing something good and then they look down at you and make comments like that.

Now I chuck my stuff in the bin.

Marlise

i'd probably call age concern and check their pick up policy.

my hubby is a policeman and was recently in one of our local papers for arresting 2 men who were driving around collecting these bags and selling the clothes for their own gain....turns out they had made £500,000 from doing this and all that money should have gone to Great Ormond Street.

what a fab idea ....... I could give up nails:)

what a fab idea ....... I could give up nails:)

Nice to have you (and your extremely warped sense of humour) posting again x

Those bags that charities give you to donate clothing arent sent to shops they are just sold to rag merchants which pay them about 40p a kilo, the clothes are then sorted and the AAA grade gear is sold to the government by the rag merchants for somewear in the region of £10-£15 a kilo and sent to 3rd world countries.
just a FYI

Hi all,
I would like to share my knowledge of what used to ( not sure if it still does )happens to charity bags in my area.
I was at a ex friend house and her partner came in with loads of sports clothers, trainers, shoes ect.
I wondered where all this stuff had come from and was told by my ex friend that her partner works for the ormand street charity organisation to collect charity bags and when they unload the charity bags from the van they are allowed to go through the bags and take what they want.
I was in absolute disbelief :eek:and completely disguted :irked:hense why this women is a ex friend i cant believe some people think this sort of thing is ok. Do they have no morals?:cry:

Take Care
Tiakayla aka Anna

Latest posts

Back