charity bags ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
you know how you get lots posted through your door for clothes etc...i put one out this morning for Age Conceren...and a white van has just picked it up off my drive with Children's Welfare Organisation" on the side....:confused:

Is this right...? do any of you know if they just use a company to collect or should it have had Age Concern on the van...?

I'm just guessing but i would assume the charity concerned had told them where to collect from ?!?!?

Anyway,it's all good if it's gone to any charity :lol:

:hug:

but the bag only came this morning.....??

:eek:

I suppose there's no real way of knowing unless you ring :hug:

i'd probably call age concern and check their pick up policy.

my hubby is a policeman and was recently in one of our local papers for arresting 2 men who were driving around collecting these bags and selling the clothes for their own gain....turns out they had made £500,000 from doing this and all that money should have gone to Great Ormond Street.

i have seen this before when the someone deliveres the bags and then they are collected and the people collecting the bags then see the stuff at carboots, ebay and some even open a temporary shop, all to line there own pocket:mad:,
the best way to know if the clothes are going to whare they should is to phone the charity, it is a sad time we live in when we cant even make a donation to charity without someone thinking up a scam from it:cry:

What a ****ty world we live in if peeps want to steal from a charity ffs :!: :grr:

Sounds a bit dodgy to me. Have just googled "children's welfare organisation" and it didn't come up with anything.

Did you get the van's reg no Angie?
If you did I would call the police or Age Concern and let them check it out.

I usually find though, that I leave the bag out on the day they say they will collect and they don't!!!
I just always take it to my local charity shop now.....I don't want a black bin bag sitting on my doorstep anyway!!

Valid point here.... maybe our potential World Leader Adele Keegan could sort this out for you...as she is a chief beneficiary of Age Concern :lol:

Valid point here.... maybe our potential World Leader Adele Keegan could sort this out for you...as she is a chief beneficiary of Age Concern :lol:
ROFLMAO :lol:

something tells me that you'll be getting one of these :Look_righ:smack::Look_left when she sees this thread :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

*splutters, coughs, chokes....... soup all over my desk and down my front*

Absolutely hilarious! Blimey, though, are you in trouble!

Did you get the van's reg no Angie?
If you did I would call the police or Age Concern and let them check it out.

I usually find though, that I leave the bag out on the day they say they will collect and they don't!!!
I just always take it to my local charity shop now.....I don't want a black bin bag sitting on my doorstep anyway!!

Right thats it
IZZY GETS 25 YEARS HARD LABOUR
:Grope::Grope::Grope:

:lol::lol::lol:

*splutters, coughs, chokes....... soup all over my desk and down my front*

Absolutely hilarious! Blimey, though, are you in trouble!

Sals

10 YEARS FOR LAUGHING
:Grope::Grope::Grope:

25 years!!!.............I'll be your age by the time I get out!!!!

Sorry Angie.........how did you get on ,did you make any enquiries or are you just going to hand your charity bags in in person next time....to be sure the correct people benefit.
A sad state of affairs though when you can't trust charity collectors!

I saw a programme on telly about those bogus charity collections, so now I take any stuff directly to a charity shop. At least I know where it's going then!

I saw a programme on telly about those bogus charity collections, so now I take any stuff directly to a charity shop. At least I know where it's going then!

Angie, I would take them to the charity shop where possible OR ring them to collect.

We have had a lot of "white vans" posing as charity collectors around our area and when it turns out it is ordinary "Joe Bloggs" collecting not the charities.

I think it is absolutely appalling that this happens - but in this day and age nothing suprises me really!

I really must take out shares in Horlicks - there must be a hell of a lot of it being drunk lately, how else can these "people" sleep at night! Some people have no shame at all.

I did ring them and they confirmed that no collections where being done until weds....so basically my charity bag was nicked !!!...it had only been out there for about an hour.

I don't know why i am so shocked that this could happen really...some people have the morals of a sewer rat !!

probably see those clothes i donated on ebay by tomorrow

Aww Angie :hug::hug::hug::hug:

BTW, if I understood rightly you are no longer allowed to leave them piled up in the charity shop doorway - if they don't get nicked and are still there when it opens, then as far as I am aware, they get skipped!

It's just so not right when you are trying to do a good deed!

xxxx

Latest posts

Back