Charity Events

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim@Talontastic

Reaction score
I've been asked to take part in a charity event which is being organised by a lady I work with in my office job...

I have said that I'm not prepared to do enhancements on the night as my timings aren't brilliant at the moment (about 2-2.5hours) I've said i'll do all the basics manicures, pedicures, file and polish etc....do you think I've done the right thing?:irked:

I figured that I could take loads of flyers and business cards and hand them out to everyone, my mums going to come with me to do the handing out so I can fit more treatments in... is that a cheeky thing to do at a charity event?

I think this is fine as you are there doing the actual day for charity!
Speculate to accumulate as they say and good luck! xx

Good luck with the event, these can be a lot of fun!

If you are confident in your ability with enhancements and it's just the timing that bothers you, you could offer people just one free enhanced nail - to give them a taster! I did this at a similar event and it sometimes whets the appetite. Then they may come back for a full set when you can give the enhancements all the time you need to. Just a thought hun . . . xx

i did this last summer and it is fun i gave out flyers and gave an insentive to book with me there and then which worked really well, i put up a massive flyer sayin book today an 10% of the price of the full set of nails would go to the charity you are raising for, this worked well and this was in june and i still have them all as clients now. plus the fund raisers wont winge then either, i did very well and would deffinatly do it again if you need any help or ideas just pm me and im happy to help, good luck.

i would say the same as blossom. i did a couple of charity events and at ech one i did peoples pinky nail. did each person a different one and then they all walk around comparing the designs on each. lets you be creative and gives them a taster of something which they may never have seen before.

have found that leaving card flyers on the table works well as then people who are interested can take one. have gained a couple of clients directly from each event

hope you have fun what ever you decide to do hun xx

ps take your diary youll need it.

If you do decide to offer a free nail, I found so many people wanted one that I had to get some paper, write timeslots on it and then people booked in and came back when it was their time. Otherwise it would be have been a complete shambles!

I have done a few charity events, i usually paint the nails and offer nail art but I only offer simple flowers or flicks at the event due to time limits
I always take my nail art display board with all my hand painted nail art on so they can see what is available in the salon.
Good luck hun and enjoy yourself, charity events are ace :hug:

Latest posts

Back