Charity stalls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

hollydollymac

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a big supporter of a Premature and sick baby charity who rely totally on donations and recieve no funding

I've been asked to do shellac manis and pedis all day for charity and I agreed to donating all proceeds but now they've asked me for money for the stall? I don't really know what to do because I'm happily using my products and giving up my time for free and taking no percentage, I do a lot of fundraising for them including half marathons, skydives and cupcake baking so don't really want to have to pay £80 for the table when I'm not taking a cut. I'm not sure if they have understood that I won't be taking a cut but I don't want to offend them by saying 'you do realise I'm not
Taking a cut' if they have and still want
Money for the table?

I'm more than happy to donate my time and use my products for free but I'm on maternity from my full time job and I've not got £80 to spare really!

What shall I do? It's so close to my heart and they helped me so much but I can't afford it :(

cheekychick

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a big supporter of a Premature and sick baby charity who rely totally on donations and recieve no funding

I've been asked to do shellac manis and pedis all day for charity and I agreed to donating all proceeds but now they've asked me for money for the stall? I don't really know what to do because I'm happily using my products and giving up my time for free and taking no percentage, I do a lot of fundraising for them including half marathons, skydives and cupcake baking so don't really want to have to pay £80 for the table when I'm not taking a cut. I'm not sure if they have understood that I won't be taking a cut but I don't want to offend them by saying 'you do realise I'm not
Taking a cut' if they have and still want
Money for the table?

I'm more than happy to donate my time and use my products for free but I'm on maternity from my full time job and I've not got £80 to spare really!

What shall I do? It's so close to my heart and they helped me so much but I can't afford it :(

Hi,
It's lovely that you want to help them. And what you've done for them already is fabulous.
If I were you I'd speak to the organiser and explain you could either do one or the other. (Donate £80 or do manis/pedis for free) not many of us here could donate £80 for a table AND do treatments for free.

I've done charity events in the past and normally you pay for your table and keep your earnings or donate a percentage of what you earn on the night.

Did they ask for shellac or could you do polish manis & pedis to keep costs down for you?
Xx

hollydollymac

Reaction score
Hi,
It's lovely that you want to help them. And what you've done for them already is fabulous.
If I were you I'd speak to the organiser and explain you could either do one or the other. (Donate £80 or do manis/pedis for free) not many of us here could donate £80 for a table AND do treatments for free.

I've done charity events in the past and normally you pay for your table and keep your earnings or donate a percentage of what you earn on the night.

Did they ask for shellac or could you do polish manis & pedis to keep costs down for you?
Xx
They asked shellac as it sells it's self really

Yeah I thought that's the way it works.
I would earn them a lot more by just donating proceeds, other mums who come to the playgroup they do have booked slots already to the value of £140

I'm just gonna have to come out with it aren't i :(

feel so guilty though they do
So much for parents who are stuck in the neonatal world for months on end like me and don't get paid or get any gov funding but I can't do everything eh!

Xxx

LolliDolli

Reaction score
I'm sure if you explain they will understand. It might have been a mistake?
Bit a lot of people could afford it pay £80. And pay the product costs. And give up their profit. That's a lot of work!
Maybe say you will give £80. Or give profit but keep product costs? Or just pay 100% like you said. But not both that's asking a bit much xx

Laura xx

Latest posts