Cheap clients!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misshappy

Reaction score
Afternoon geeks,

Does anyone find that clients are just after a cheap deal or sometimes free treatments?!
Is it just the way things are now, maybe since groupon etc?
How does anyone rise above salons nearby putting out cheap deals left , right and centre! I’ve been a beauty therapist for 10 years & qualified in chemical peels, microneedling & mesotheraphy but find a lot of people don’t want to pay a lot for those treatments - those courses cost me over £1000 and products just as much. Just a little bit stressed out. I’m a lovely area but clients only seem to want deals and discounts.
I’m thinking of training in the new air pens but the course is £2000 and worried that people won’t want to pay they money and I’ll end up not making my money back .. ahhhh!

Ok rant over and back to business.!

Hi Misshappy,
Before you embark on another expensive course I think you should do some market research into the new treatment.
Will you be hoping that new clients or your existing clients will want your new treatment?
You will have to do a ton of treatments to break even and start earning...is that really what you want to do?

One salon near to me does all the offers and special rates under the sun... clients wait for her special offers and discounts and that's how she trades. Definately overpriced in the first place , about 20% more than any salons in our area.
Focus on what you do well, never undersell and don't lower your prices as it may offend some of the clients paying full prices. Also your bookings will look sparce as they wait for a cheap deal so there is a lot more uncertainty about future earnings so to speak.
You do lots of treatments, holistics too and as you say your area is lovely, does that mean there are a lot of clients with money to spend?
Holistic facials and special pedicures will be really well recieved from you older more mature clients I am sure. Maybe a different client base is your next step rather than a new treatment that you say yourself are unsure of it's future.
Any other help ? please get in touch

Afternoon geeks,

Does anyone find that clients are just after a cheap deal or sometimes free treatments?!
Is it just the way things are now, maybe since groupon etc?
How does anyone rise above salons nearby putting out cheap deals left , right and centre! I’ve been a beauty therapist for 10 years & qualified in chemical peels, microneedling & mesotheraphy but find a lot of people don’t want to pay a lot for those treatments - those courses cost me over £1000 and products just as much. Just a little bit stressed out. I’m a lovely area but clients only seem to want deals and discounts.
I’m thinking of training in the new air pens but the course is £2000 and worried that people won’t want to pay they money and I’ll end up not making my money back .. ahhhh!

Ok rant over and back to business.!

Not since I came off facebook 3 years ago! It’s lovely! Everyone knows a discount just because is out of the question, my clients pay my bills and if anyone gets a discount (a free loyalty treatment!) it is them. Not someone that just turned up and I don’t know them.

Latest posts

Back