Cheap/low end tints for apprentice's mannequin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeccaharvey

Reaction score
I'm looking for a cheapish tint for an apprentice who works at the salon I rent a chair at. She earns around Au$6 an hour and the owner charges her full price for color and bleach used on her mannequin. ~$xx a tube for koleston/CT and ~$xx for redken.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any ultra cheap tints, could be close to expiring or just all round low end tint. She can only use conditioner for so long, it's annoying me how arrogant the owner is. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor thing that sucks. Surely the point of an apprentice is to actually want to train them?! How is she supposed to get better if she has to pay for colour on her pittance of a wage :/ have you tried going to wholesalers to see if there are any cheap brands? Else you can maybe look for a job lot on ebay but make sure its genuine. Perhaps see if you can talk to the owner about their methods if you really dont agree with the way things are run.

Hiya Toujours colour is good cheap tint plus vat when bought in bulk its a great price , a non pro cheap on for manequins even Poly colour

Hope this helps x
Sent from my C5303 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
XP100 or Mood Colour can be picked up quite cheaply

Poor thing that sucks. Surely the point of an apprentice is to actually want to train them?! How is she supposed to get better if she has to pay for colour on her pittance of a wage :/ have you tried going to wholesalers to see if there are any cheap brands? Else you can maybe look for a job lot on ebay but make sure its genuine. Perhaps see if you can talk to the owner about their methods if you really dont agree with the way things are run.

Unfortunately he's not a hairdresser. I rent a chair part time but he has three permanent staff. The cheapest our wholesaler has is a generic brand that's still more than she earns in an hour.

Last edited:
Vitality tints are reasonably cheap, available in Australia and are 100ml tube by memory. Kitoko and affinage are cheaper too and 100ml.

Kitoko or live colour plus are pretty cheap and I would also try colour royal, they're really cheap for her to practice with.

what about going on ebay and seeing if someone is selling of old stock cheap xx

Latest posts

Back