Cheap or Chic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandelionpoppy

Reaction score
Do you have any friends who always look fabulous, and when you admire what they're wearing they say, "Oh, it was £10 in the sale"?

I, on the other hand, can make even semi-expensive things look cheap! And cheap clothes look like dish-rags. Sigh.

These sort are generally the ones that don't have an ounce of fat on them, let alone the full 'roll' selection from M&S that I have attached to my middle!

Yea I think I make everything look cheaper :(

People often think that some of the clothes I wear are more expensive than what they are. :)

Virtues has nailed it. These are, indeed the size 10 friends.....:irked:

I can't do cheap clothes. I went into Primark once....eeeekkk.
For work clothes, M&S or Next is about as cheap as I can go.

I seem to also make nice clothes look just "ok" :(
Maybe it's a girl thing, maybe others look at us and think we look nice :) xx

I have no friends. Fabulous looking or otherwise.

On the other hand, my husband always wears designer clothing. He gets changed to just go to the shop to buy some milk and puts the aftershave on. Everything he owns costs a bomb. His knickers are in a pack, 2 for £34. Mental. You wouldn't notice it on him though. He'd look the same if he shopped at Next.

Oh and I've just remembered I do have one friend. She is a multi millionaire. She wears very expensive clothes, always has a Loius V handbag on her arm, very expensive shoes. However she looks like she shops at Matalan.

You see, they're not size 10. Everything looks great if you're size 10. That's why I don't bother with expensive clothes, they'd look cheap on me anyway. I may aswell wear what I look like.

On the other hand, my husband always wears designer clothing. He gets changed to just go to the shop to buy some milk and puts the aftershave on. Everything he owns costs a bomb. His knickers are in a pack, 2 for £34. Mental. You wouldn't notice it on him though. He'd look the same if he shopped at Next.

Oh and I've just remembered I do have one friend. She is a multi millionaire. She wears very expensive clothes, always has a Loius V handbag on her arm, very expensive shoes. However she looks like she shops at Matalan.

You see, they're not size 10. Everything looks great if you're size 10. That's why I don't bother with expensive clothes, they'd look cheap on me anyway. I may aswell wear what I look like.

I think you look chic in your avatar MM, with you Louis V bucket in your hand!:D

I think you look chic in your avatar MM, with you Louis V bucket in your hand!:D

I find that really annoying. Can't you tell its Prada!?!?!?! :suprised:

Do you have any friends who always look fabulous, and when you admire what they're wearing they say, "Oh, it was £10 in the sale"?

I, on the other hand, can make even semi-expensive things look cheap! And cheap clothes look like dish-rags. Sigh.

I doubt that you ever look like that missus. Pics ive seen of you, you always look tres chic darhlink :)

I tend to buy anything that fits.. which is limited being a size 18 haha. I'm a leggings long line cardigan or blazer and knee high boots in autumn/winter (my favourite season for hiding the flab) and maxi dress, knee length dress and a line skirt and black tee in the spring/
summer- may have to rethink this with my new body (read as post baby chub). I'm not sure whether they look chic or more freak tbh ;) One of my friends wears an eclectic mix of clothes and pulls it off perfectly and she doesn't spend much at all, she knows how to wear clothes and looks fab, much like my sister.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm a bit weird with clothes. I will buy as cheap as I can get, and then not wear it for a month, and then when I've got used to looking at it, I will wear it all the time. If I buy anything expensive I will never ever wear it.

I always wear cheap clothes simply because I cant afford expensive ones!

I think it all depends on how you accessorise them. A great statement necklace can make a plain black top look more expensive. Sometimes I think though a lot of jewellery cheapens a look.

My gran always used to say "when you are out shopping, carry a designer shops bag around and put your shopping into it, your whole look and outfit will look more expensive and classy"

I'm a bit weird with clothes. I will buy as cheap as I can get, and then not wear it for a month, and then when I've got used to looking at it, I will wear it all the time. If I buy anything expensive I will never ever wear it.

I thought it was just me who does that!

I remember couple of years ago going out for my friends birthday and a couple of friends said they loved my watch where was it from!! (They all wear Rolex ect) mine was from new look they probs never heard of it to be honest but I thought oh maybe sometimes I do have an eye for a nice item 😊 xx

I have very expensive taste, I wish my bank balance matched. If I like something you can bank on it being costly.
However, I wear River Island and F&F at Tesco. I look and feel like a tramp in pretty much everything except dresses (im a size 8-10). I have a large collection of Lipsy dresses and any dresses that are 50's inspired/rockabilly and you cant wear them everyday which sucks because I adore dresses lol.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

I have very expensive taste, I wish my bank balance matched. If I like something you can bank on it being costly.
However, I wear River Island and F&F at Tesco. I look and feel like a tramp in pretty much everything except dresses (im a size 8-10). I have a large collection of Lipsy dresses and any dresses that are 50's inspired/rockabilly and you cant wear them everyday which sucks because I adore dresses lol.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

You sound like me! I really need to stop buying dresses :) xx

Do you think it's to do with confidence and composure dpoppy?
Some people get away with wearing cheaper clothes because they wear it well , they look good and they know it.

I've seen some celebs (proper ones )wearing very expensive clothes and they didnt do the designer any favours by choosing to have them dress them.

Me? I buy what I like and like what I buy.

Mmm...I think I'm pretty confident Rinn. I 've not got a lot of taste though:D

Latest posts

Back