Cheap UV lamps?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the big lamp debate again, I still don't understand why it's such an issue. My lamp works fine and that is all I stated, I didn't advise the OP to do the same, I did also state that I would use the CND lamp if I carried out the treatment on clients. When I used calgel as a treatment I used the calgel lamp! To just do my own nails at home I don't need the expense! And I don't look idiotic, I'm just not afraid of the bite!

:) gd for you :)

Sorry I dont understand,why would nail techs need a cheap lamp at home to do their own nails if they use a good one all day? Is it because the salons wont allow staff to use the lamps? It is a genuine question by the way as I have never worked in a salon and at first I was a little sarcastic thinking that all it would take is unpack your kit in the living room and use it ( I work mobile so always have my kit nearby) but whilst typing I think the penny dropped and I wondered if the salon owners were stopping techs from using the equipment. Wouldn't it be a good advert for the service if all the techs in the salon had great looking nails done on site by fellow techs or even themselves iykwim? Or is it that the technicians just prefer the convenience of doing their own nails at home with cheap equipment.

The reason I do my own with a regular lamp is because I don't offer the treatment to clients or work in a salon anymore, I went back to university to become a social worker so I just stick to tanning to earn extra pennies as its quick and easy! So I also save extra pennies by doing my own beauty treatments :)

Gelish needs a 36w uv lamp and when last in Sally' they had one of offer ~ it was 99.99 down to 49.99 plus vat so check out there website and see if it's still on offer. I have one and it's fine for gelish but in time will invest in the led lamp purely for the curing time

Thanks for your advice! I'm sorry if I've annoyed people with this post however surely it is better for me to get advice before hand if I'm not sure. Well that's what I've done and I am now going to buy the entry level uv lamp from nail harmony.

:) x

At the end of the day you didnt know so you asked for advice, you have took that advice on board so thats great.

My friend bought an LED lamp from Ebay purely to use on herself and it didnt cure the products properly, im not saying they are all like that but you could end up with a dodgy one then you would have wasted your money.

I have the entry level lamp from Nail Harmony as well as my LED one and its a good little lamp, and if you ever did have any problems with it at least you have Nail Harmony to go back to if need be.

Good luck x :biggrin:

The reason I do my own with a regular lamp is because I don't offer the treatment to clients or work in a salon anymore, I went back to university to become a social worker so I just stick to tanning to earn extra pennies as its quick and easy! So I also save extra pennies by doing my own beauty treatments :)

Oh I see, good luck. I have seen The Edge Lamps at Capital at a reasonable price and also some on the Guild Site under the for sale ads.There was a CND lamp recently

What does cnd uv lamp cost ?

I can tell you from experience that if you are going to buy a cheaper alternative you are wasting your money, whilst i and probably every other nail tech on this site understand its expensive to start up as a nail tech with all the equipment you need, if you are not buying from a reputable manufacturer you cannot guarentee the safety of your lamp for a start which should be your number one priority whether you are doing nails on yourself or clients. I bought a cheap lamp when i first trained (although it was from the company i trained with) and the bulb actually exploded while i was using it (on myself) luckily i wasnt hurt. Needless to say i reasearched, trained with well known company (expensive but worth it) and my 1st lamp from them lasted 5 years , says it all really. Good luck with your nail career it definatly is better to start off the right way

Nail Harmony has a brilliant little LED lamp on its site. I have yet to order one but from feedback on the forums is that its a great lamp. Its not too expensive and at least you know that you are using a good quality lamp direct from the official distributor. eBay and the like have a lot to answer for with regards to the sale of nail and beauty equipment, it makes me angry haha

And at the moment if you buy a CND lamp you get free replacement bulbs! #bargain

And at the moment if you buy a CND lamp you get free replacement bulbs! #bargain

It's a very cool offer for first timers and if you are considering buying a second lamp now is the time to do it .... The offer is only open for a month or so.

I'm ordering mine tomorrow...have already warned my CND educator that I will be bugging her about curing two hands at the same time (was reading a recent thread about having two lamps) once I'm confident and competent in what I do...great offer :D xx

Think about it - two sets of bulbs and a free lamp!

I got my 36w uv gel curing lamp and fan from fräulein38.com as this is the nail harmony lamp but half the price, after reading post on here. Was free delivery. Just had to put plug adaptor on as came with European two pin plug.

Kupa manufacturers one now, but I did find a crazy and weird deal for a Sensationail kit that come with an LED lamp, a really good one and real one at that, its at cvs for xxx

the KUPA uv lamp runs for about xxx though, you need an uv lamp for shellac though, gelish and alot of other use uv lamps or LED's

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back