Cheapest set near you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I charge £20 for shellac which I feel is totally reasonable (I'm home based). There is a salon near me that is always packed, they do 'shellac' for £10 ......however .....I've had two people come to me having been there and I can't get the stuff off!! It is definitely NOT shellac, but I think most of the girls that go there probably don't care.

It's not just nails that I see cheap though; I see salons and other home based therapists offering massage for £10! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I see this kind of thing alll the time! In surrounded by cheap crappy nails in nasty chav areas x

Last edited:
On the subject of bad nail practise
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1467839908.878552.jpg

Arghhh [emoji24][emoji24]

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1467841686.708181.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1467841701.847962.jpg
this is not far from me. Trades as shellac nails on Facebook yet it is blue sky £10 a set. One of the ladies at work was shocked my bonding gel cost £24.99 the other day, now she quizzes me like oh how much do you pay per colour and then she says oh well I get it on eBay for this much! [emoji30] and a friend buying a "shellac" kit off eBay. Nooooo

FView attachment 198887
Found these little beauties before, £8 also tans for £8 [emoji15]
I just scrolled this post and was drinking water, needless to say I almost chocked. Surely it's common sense that this is shocking?!? :eek:

I just scrolled this post and was drinking water, needless to say I almost chocked. Surely it's common sense that this is shocking?!? :eek:
Some people genuinely don't seem to care that their nails are crap... They just want 'long' nails :/

Apparently not, I've been in the Middle East a substantial amount and you can't get Shellac/gelish colour for no less than £22, gel enhancements maybe a min of like £40++ and acrylic if you can even find someone half decent (and then they still break/lift/etc after a few days if not hours) £60++

Salons here are a dime a dozen, but the costs are high especially for the quality available

Haha oops!
Can't even imagine people handing money over for them!

£10 for shellac in our local sun bed salon, doubt it's shellac for that much.

Im in the northwest and gel and shellac is cheap , most salons do cnd shellac for 15 but always on offer for fingers and toes for 20. I have been doing nails for nearly 10 years and been mobile for the last 3. I charge 10 for bluesky and 15 for CND shellac and extra for stamping and nail art. There are some spas around that charge £20+ but that's for the spa treatment. I have attached a picture of my most recent set. Cheaper doesn't always mean crapView attachment 196731
They are beautiful

What have I just seen [emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]

That cannot be unseen. My eyes are burning [emoji43][emoji43]
Hahah! [emoji23][emoji23]mine did too!

Latest posts

Back