Cheeky client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrews

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I have a client who i have fitted extensions for and now wants to purchase new hair. She knows who my supplier is as i have posters up and has looked on there website and decided to order her own and for me to fit them. She has messaged me to ask if i have trade discount. What do i say without being rude?

I’d be tempted to reply ‘yes of course, because I’m a qualified professional’

This annoys me with some clients who think that they should get the hair at trade price. Usually i say that i don't get that much of a discount and it barely covers the postage.

I would just say you have to be registered professional to get trade discount x

Just say "NO"!
Ya see I have a very short fuse for any sh**e like this! You don't have time to be messing about with clients like this. Trust me this client will become a much bigger problem in the future. Nip it in the bud now! Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. I can smell it a mile off! Next, they'll be blaming you for something you've not done and trying to claim compensation off you!! Don't feel bad for being rude. I have quite a reputation for being VERY straight with my clients. I often think that sometimes they come back to me to get told off lol......

Say, yes you do have trade discount, but only for what you order. If she wants yo order through you, she needs to pay retail cost. Say you do not fit ext not bought by you, as you cannot be sure if the quality, even if they are bought from a reputable company. Say you are only insured to supply and fit and at the mo, due to covid, you would not touch anything you have not personally ordered and sanitised.

Just say "NO"!
Ya see I have a very short fuse for any sh**e like this! You don't have time to be messing about with clients like this. Trust me this client will become a much bigger problem in the future. Nip it in the bud now! Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. I can smell it a mile off! Next, they'll be blaming you for something you've not done and trying to claim compensation off you!! Don't feel bad for being rude. I have quite a reputation for being VERY straight with my clients. I often think that sometimes they come back to me to get told off lol......
I soooo need to be more like this....I’m far too soft with clients, they can sense I get easily intimidated. The girls I work with are always telling me to be more like this. Your so right!

Latest posts

Back